about 296

johnd

Buddy of mine is looking for a 27-31 ft boat he can fish (Atlantic side, Florida) and take his lady friend to the sandbar for picnics.  I have not seen the 296 in person.. couple questions  Is the head area large enough for a lady to fee comfortable? (I'm strongly trying to get him say from a walk around or express).   I run a Hewes, been to Ft Pierce, have great respect for Scott, Skip and team.. is the Cobia build today the kind of quality we see in Pathys, Hewes, ..in other words the MBG product line.  For those who have run this model, how is the ride in 2-3's on say 4-5 seconds?  Real world experiences please.   Thank you.  

I am waiting on my 277, I have been on the 296 and the head is plenty big for anyone to feel comfortable.  If 27-31 feet is the range, he could also take a look at the 277 which also has ample room for anyone to feel comfortable.  There are videos of the boats which will give you an idea of the size and ease in which to access the head.  There is also a video of a 296 running as far as ride.  I have not taken a ride in the 296, so I cannot comment. Great boats for fishing and going to the sandbars.

Construction build for Cobia is MBG quality, NMMA certified and Yacht certified at that size(I believe). 

Archived