Best product to clean non skid

RedfishRippn

I have trouble cleaning the non skid on my 2016 hpx compared to my 2004 redfisher. The hpx has a very "sandy" type of non skid that stains really seem to get set in. Anyone have any recommendations for a cleaning product? I have been cleaning with a shurhold brush and woody wax pine soap and some spot cleaning with on and off hull cleaner. Thanks

I would clean it with bleach first to get all the stains up. Then follow up with a deck cleaner with PTFE, like Starbright for non-skid.

I'm not a fan of Woody Wax, its pricey, makes the deck slick and just doesn't do a great job of keeping the deck stain free. You can lightly wax the deck with a buffer and cheap pad from Harbor Freight, or a dual action polisher and brush pad that Shurhold makes. This will help prevent stains, will be slightly slippery the first time out, but after that its good. I do this about once a year. 

https://www.amazon.com/Shurhold-Brush-Dual-Action-Polisher/dp/B00BAFML06?th=1&psc=1

For blood and organic stains - a little bit of bleach / soft scrub

For rust / others - a good bit of bar keeper's friend

For grease and oil - I use Woody Wax over a super clean deck.

I use some dawn liquid on the decks before I use the woody...strips it then add Woody

I use either Orphine Soap or Woody wax Soap.

I also keep on the boat..some Starbrite PFT non skid cleaner and hit it with a good shot when on the water.

The key, when coming in on the boat from the parking lot, always clean shoes with towels....keeps the grease off and your ok afterwards.

Dc

Archived