Cobia Rendezvous Caravan

Guest elliottd

Guest elliottd

Hi all,

Here is where we can organize the caravans for the Cobia Rendezvous, which is just a few weeks away. I hope everyone is as excited as I am. To start I would like people to comment where their home port is and we can go from there! 

My email is edeal@maverickboatgroup.com; 772-465-0631x124 and as always you can give me a call anytime. 

Good Morning, Everyone. 

My wife, Carol Ann, and I will be trailering our 237 from St. Petersburg to the East Coast. 

Our Cobia Dealer suggested that we launch our boat at Alsdorf Park in Pompano Beach and leave Pompano/Hillsboro inlet with their group. So we are covered as far as being part of a Caravan.  

I do have a couple of questions . . . or rather a request for recommendations: 

We will plan on driving over Wednesday and staying in a local hotel that night near the boat ramp (so that we can launch early Thursday morning).  Can anybody recommend a trailer/boat friendly hotel near Alsdorf Park in Pompano Beach?  I would like to be 30 minutes or less from the ramp. 

Also, we will need to store our vehicle and trailer somewhere near the ramp in Pompano Beach while in Bimini . . . any recommendations?  

Thanks in advance for any recommendations and looking forward to meet ya'll soon! 

-Christian Pundsack. 

Michael and Heather Floyd here.  We are leaving out of Palm Beach Inlet (or lake worth inlet to some) early on Thursday with our two boys.  No set time yet, but we dry store at New Port cove and they don't open till 8.  So I either have them leave it out overnight or just leave a little after 8.  I'd probably rather do the later, but will work with other's schedule. 

Ken and Nicki Roderman here in Jensen Beach Fl. We can depart first thing Thursday morning from either Stuart or Ft. Pierce. If no one else is leaving from this area we can head down to Jupiter or even WPB if we need to, albeit a little later in the morning on Thursday. We will be headed over with 4 of our friends on our new 280DC.

On 7/7/2017 at 10:02 PM, RetiredFire said:

Bob and Faith Johnsen leaving from port everglades in our 277

On 7/7/2017 at 10:02 PM, RetiredFire said:

Bob and Faith Johnsen leaving from port everglades in our 277

Bob.  I would like to Pair up and cross together if you are looking for someone to cross with.   A myself have a 277  

On 7/7/2017 at 11:30 AM, elliottd said:

From Harry Wahl: Leaving from his dock and through Boynton Inlet

On 7/7/2017 at 11:27 AM, Bhead111 said:

Enrico Gallo

Home Port : Jupiter,Florida

On 7/11/2017 at 8:42 PM, Jorge said:

Hello looking to find someone to pair up to cross with.  Someone that will be leaving out of Government Cut, Haulover or Port Everglades. I myself come out of Haulover in a 277.   Thanks Jorge 

On 7/7/2017 at 11:30 AM, cpundsack said:

Good Morning, Everyone. 

My wife, Carol Ann, and I will be trailering our 237 from St. Petersburg to the East Coast. 

Our Cobia Dealer suggested that we launch our boat at Alsdorf Park in Pompano Beach and leave Pompano/Hillsboro inlet with their group. So we are covered as far as being part of a Caravan.  

I do have a couple of questions . . . or rather a request for recommendations: 

We will plan on driving over Wednesday and staying in a local hotel that night near the boat ramp (so that we can launch early Thursday morning).  Can anybody recommend a trailer/boat friendly hotel near Alsdorf Park in Pompano Beach?  I would like to be 30 minutes or less from the ramp. 

Also, we will need to store our vehicle and trailer somewhere near the ramp in Pompano Beach while in Bimini . . . any recommendations?  

Thanks in advance for any recommendations and looking forward to meet ya'll soon! 

-Christian Pundsack. 

Hello everyone,

I'm trailering my 220 cc from Tarpon Springs to Harbour Towne Marina in Daina Beach, they charge $15 a day for parkiing truck and trailer and they have security.  In the 80's we didn't have any issues parking at public ramps but now I read a lot about crime and theft so I don't want to take any chances.  I will be leaving between the 24th and 27th, looking for a good weather window.  See you all there.

Hello all,

Myself & crew (2 others) are leaving Port Everglades from the Mizell-Eula Johnson State Park marina ramp (formerly John LLoyd Park) in our 220CC. I've noticed a few are leaving from the Port Everglades area. We haven't set a firm time, but thought around 10AM the latest. I can be reached via email or cell. Dave Brand, datodave@datoelectric.com, 305-216-7932.

On 7/15/2017 at 10:12 PM, Patrick/Jacqueline/Lauren said:

We're heading out Port Everglades in our 261. We plan on leaving shortly after 7AM. 

Hello Patrick 

we are coming out of Haulover on a 277

would you be interested in buddying up to cross together.  Jorge 

COBIA Bahamas Rendezvous 2017

If I do not know you, or your name is not on this list, please reach out to me.

Obviously, the plan is for us to go together. 

My goal is to coordinate everyone to be with others. There are about 6-7 boats, that I do not have info on yet.

Ron Lees 954-253-3888

ron@marineconnection.com

HERE IS THE CURRENT ROSTER

HILLSBORO INLET (meeting at 7:00 for 7:30 departure)

Ted & Marlene Fowler  296

Crystal and Bryan Jones 296

Pam and Zach Palumbo 296

John and Naomi Pellicone 277

Ron and Lucy Lees 296

Jeff and Julie Daly 277

Ray and Debra Wilms 277

Chris Pundsack 237

FORT LAUDERDALE (Port Everglades)

Patrick and Jacqueline Bialy 277

Robin Cincinatti and Greg Moore 344 (staying at the Hilton in FL) 

Dave Brand 220

Bob and Faith Johnsen 277

Jorge Milares 277 

BOYNTON INLET

Kevin Garrow 277

Matt Grimm 277

Dr Dan Carney 296

Harvey Wahl 296

Marcel Rosen

PALM BEACH INLET

Robert Cusenza 296

Michael and Heather Floyd 

JUPITER INLET

Enrico Gallo 344

Roderman, Ken and Nicki 280

On 7/14/2017 at 2:56 PM, David Brand said:

Hello all,

Myself & crew (2 others) are leaving Port Everglades from the Mizell-Eula Johnson State Park marina ramp (formerly John LLoyd Park) in our 220CC. I've noticed a few are leaving from the Port Everglades area. We haven't set a firm time, but thought around 10AM the latest. I can be reached via email or cell. Dave Brand, datodave@datoelectric.com, 305-216-7932.

Hey Dave Brand, I missed you, got it now

On 7/8/2017 at 1:52 PM, kroder said:

Ken and Nicki Roderman here in Jensen Beach Fl. We can depart first thing Thursday morning from either Stuart or Ft. Pierce. If no one else is leaving from this area we can head down to Jupiter or even WPB if we need to, albeit a little later in the morning on Thursday. We will be headed over with 4 of our friends on our new 280DC.

Hey Guys, it's Ron from Marine Connection, I help out coordinating the event. Congrats on the new 280. I know Enrico Gallo is wanting to leave out of Jupiter on his 344. Let me know your contact info, and let's touch base ASAP.

Ron Lees 954-253-3888

Archived