What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

Before my recent to the Glades, I added a Balzout bracket to my CC to hold an HDS 12 for my new FMT card.  Wanted to keep my Garmin since it has some crumb trails I don’t want to loose.  Kind of a jacked up setup but worked for me.  After the trip, I changed out my tackle box in the CC.  The old plastic unit was cracking.  Also, re-arranged the batteries in the CC so that the House was right at the CC Door and also added some Terminal Tamers to the House.  Very clean setup.

Can’t figure out why the photos post sideways.  

4091A72D-EC54-4254-9FCF-9AC40CBEA586.jpeg

4E132347-EA82-4C06-970E-34B00CF123BC.jpeg

I hadn't been out on the boat for a while, so the plan last week was to drop her in a local lake and run around for a bit.  All loaded and ready and was putting air in the tires and saw this.  Four and a half year old Maxxis.  Looked like the tread was rotting and starting to come apart.  Still plenty of tread depth but now I'm a believer in changing them out every 3 years regardless.  Bought four new Goodyear Endurance tires, as I had read some good comments about them.

So today I did make the trip to the local lake.  All systems, pumps, motor all good.  Numbers still the same as I had been getting...….. 60.4 mph one person and 3/4 tank of fuel, best economy was 3.8 mpg at 32 mph. (MA21).

Beautiful day on the lake, only saw 3 or 4 other boats out there.

Now time to hit some salt water and get some fish.

IMG_4268.JPG

IMG_4269.JPG

IMG_4273.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Baby got new shoes today.   Momma says they are ghetto, but I don't care.  Completely lacking any practicality, a big waste of money, and they wont help me catch fish. . . but I grin everytime I look at her, so nanny nanny boo boo.   Gonna get some useless guide post covers that say "Maverick" next time momma isnt watching the credit card too.  ;)

20200204_132202.jpg

20200204_132211.jpg

20200204_132231.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

Such a cool thing to watch - keep the updates coming

I will put a big write up together once done as I have done a TON of glasswork on the boat. Removed rod lockers and offsetting the console, recoring hatches etc

hull will be ice blue with a whisper grey deck. After that will likely be painting all metalwork and poling platform black

before:

820F46F7-2B58-42EB-858A-B70605C9EDF6.jpeg

50B8A5FB-285B-472B-9B2A-70207FE8C716.jpeg

B9EE7219-A3D1-4603-B87E-C1F05F100A50.jpeg