What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

Just picked up a new cranking battery.  Went with a Grp 27 Deka wet cell.  They are a solid battery with a local distributor to back them up.  Going to throw on a couple of Terminal Tamers to help with organizing the connections.  Also purchased a new tackle station for my CC.  The old plastic one has cracked and isn’t much longer for this world.  Will be spending Christmas Day fixing up my sled!

Outlaw,  you haven’t missed much in the glades.  Today was my first full day back in the real world.  We fought winds, raccoons, gators, bugs, oyster bars, limestone caps, nuclear porta-pots and a few fish but we had the glades to ourselves.  Love that place!

17 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Ckocko Skitchin .

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Happy New Year!

I've used these paint products on my SHO lower unit and saved some money vs. Yamaha paint.  Very close match with the dark blue metallic:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00407RTBW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00407YRBW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00407NK6A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 hours ago, Coto said:

Ralph how did you like the power pole with the hydrilla stainless tip?

Have no idea how I fished without the power pole .

It is a game changer .

The stainless tip is worth the money 

However the heat shrink you get is a waste .

Oyster makes short work of that .

Dunno if FMT would of helped me or not .

Ran to alot of places , that were new to me and I am not patient enough to idle .

Going back on Thurs till Sat .

HAPPY NEW YEAR

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

Yeah definitely beats chucking an anchor or trying to stick a push pole in. Glad you enjoyed it. The FMT has the red tracks and black tracks you can run but on negative low you stay away from the black tracks. From the red tracks  on a low I would ease in but in your case it is moot...lol, let the SHO fly!

I pondered getting the stainless tips for the powerpoles but couldn't justify $100 bucks for something like that. 

Anyone ever tried buying regular ones off amazon or similar like these?

https://mgs4u.com/product/stainless-steel-shallow-water-anchors-tips/?attribute_pa_id-nom=12-id&gclid=CjwKCAiA6bvwBRBbEiwAUER6JUWTD3HEHAfxRH9ovOJ6IJbwltVyOqlNYFseMiZsiC1UTbqZ4kQ7xRoCMhMQAvD_BwE

I bought the two pack and split cost with my homie .

You probably have two , so that will not help .

This should help .

The fitmit is exact , so there is not alot of void area , for the epoxy to exist .

I drilled a 3/16” hole , up about 1/2” , on the bottom , of the spike.

Then , I drill 6 more 3/16” holes , around where the spike slides on .

Maybe 1/4” deep.

When I slid that tip on , the void was forcing the tip to pop off , because of the internal pressure , so I got a board and ran the spike down into the board and let her sit a spell .

OCD ...Wrap the spike and tip withe blue tape so clean up is easy peasy .

I think it is worth it , if it stays on .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️ 

• Like 1

When I purchased my Redfisher 16 the handle on the seacock for the livewell was broken off.  Over the weekend I decided to tackle the issue.  It was not easy getting the stub of the handle off.  The valve was working fine. Once I got the stub and nut off I could turn the valve stem with a crescent wrench.

After hitting a few stores I found the exact replacement at Boat Owners Warehouse. Part # 231731 if you ever need one.

1) the nut that comes with the handle is too big. Save the original nut

2) I had to do some filing of the edges of the opening in the handle to get it on. It's the top edges that were not to tolerance.

It's a never ending task keeping even a small boat ship shape.

IMG_2392.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

IMG_2413.JPG

IMG_2420.JPG

• Like 3

Love boat owners warehouse wish there was one closer to where I live. I hate having to drive all the way to East Fort Lauderdale. I do have some luck now with the West Marine they built near me. They price match and I always use BOW’s prices to shave off significant dollars from West Marine. You would think everything in there was signed  by Mickey Mantle to justify the price hike.