What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

Added tilt and trim fluid today and bled the system.  Never been able to figure out how to do this properly prior, just takes time.   Using a syringe to add it slowly, then letting the system sit between bleeds allowed me to get the right amount in and bleed more air out.   Still have a little air in the system but should be able to eliminate it tomorrow.    Not sure how bad the leak is, but doesnt seem to bad to change the seala

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whichwaysup said:

Added tilt and trim fluid today and bled the system.  Never been able to figure out how to do this properly prior, just takes time.   Using a syringe to add it slowly, then letting the system sit between bleeds allowed me to get the right amount in and bleed more air out.   Still have a little air in the system but should be able to eliminate it tomorrow.    Not sure how bad the leak is, but doesnt seem to bad to change the seala

It wont seem bad until you are air chiseling the cap off. Generally you can hit the up button while squirting fluid in and it will *** right into the unit.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bruce J said:

I'm not doing the work myself, but am adding a NMEA engine cable and backbone to my HPX-T to get the engine data to my Garmin.  I'm mainly interested in getting much better fuel data using the actual burn rate to calculate remaining capacity.  My fuel gauge itself starts flashing empty when I still have narly half a tank, so it is close to worthless.  I added the same feature to my Pathfinder recently for exactly the same reason, and now have tank accuracy to about 1-2 gallons.

Round about how much $$ is that? Seems like a good feature to have when playing in open water. Is it dificult to do?

20 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

If you have command link gauges you can reverse calculate your fuel burned. I pay more attention to that than I do my fuel gauge. 

Not sure if it counts what I did this weekend, but picked the boat up today from ceramic coating and it looks great. Hoping to keep the black gel protected for a long time

20191212_213435.jpg

beautiful !!!!

What is Wot ?

And can you run WOT in a 3 foot chop :)

dc

8 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

Thank you sir! Usually about 68-72 loaded (it's a 25 footer with 8'4 beam). Ride is very nice and smooth, not sure about true 3's though lol 

I've got some tricks coming and hope to see faster so we'll see. 

Whats the draft and where are you fishing it? Looks like the boats Ive seen people from Texas run in the gulf. That is crazy fast. 

3 hours ago, Shallowminded6 said:

Whats the draft and where are you fishing it? Looks like the boats Ive seen people from Texas run in the gulf. That is crazy fast. 

The boat starts to touch sand bottom in 10.5 inches at rest, that number is measured with 3/4 fuel and gear.  

I fish Tampa Bay and surrounding areas and it does well. I had a 22.5 before this and the extra size will be a lot nicer during tarpon season and if I want to venture offshore

6 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

The boat starts to touch sand bottom in 10.5 inches at rest, that number is measured with 3/4 fuel and gear.  

I fish Tampa Bay and surrounding areas and it does well. I had a 22.5 before this and the extra size will be a lot nicer during tarpon season and if I want to venture offshore

Did someone say Tarpon? Im already itching to get out and it’s only December..

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 11:51 AM, Shallowminded6 said:

Round about how much $$ is that? Seems like a good feature to have when playing in open water. Is it dificult to do?

It cost me $290 from my local dealer, which I thought was great. The engine data cable and NMEA backbone parts were about half the cost. I was happy to pay the other half to avoid fishing wires through tiny places on my HPX. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 12:51 PM, Shallowminded6 said:

$40 - $60 for the NMEA Starter kit that has a backbone, power take-of, and end caps.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BBFE98/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then you need a motor interface cable - I seem to recall the one for my yamaha F90 was about $50.  So, about $100 all said and done.  It's nice to see the estimated fuel mileage and to be able to monitor engine temps if you just sucked up a bunch of grass and blocked the coolant weep hole on the side of the motor. 

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:51 AM, lurem said:

Last week fishing with BDSnook  we talked about the livewell standpipe being in the center of the opening in the livewell and how it caught the bait net each time you tried to retrieve a bait so I came up with this. Plugged up the top overflow from the back. Got a couple 45 degree angle pieces for home depot and went to designing my prototype.

I'm running my water hose in my front yard wide open in the Live Well. it did overflow at first. So I drilled two holes at the bottom near where the black stopper goes in the floor and then I drilled two more in the midsection. That seemed to fix it because it fills right to the top of the drain pipe but does not overflow outside of the Live Well. Success!
Now all I need to do is fill it with bait and verify it works properly. I have not glued anything into place so I can still make adjustments if needed.

standpipe3.jpg

standpipe2.jpg

standpipe1.jpg

Hey, you asked for an update on how the pipe works. I have been on vacation for 5 days and fished everyday using live bait and the new design standpipe. I made sure the drain was built to be as tall as it could so I could get the most water into the livewell. I plugged the back hole that is an overflow drain on the 16 redfishers like mine. 

Pros works just like I thought it would.  Getting bait into the livewell from my castnet is easier. Getting bait out with my bait net is a breeze. Bait doesn't seem to hide behind the pipe.

Cons since the only way for water to get out is the drain out of the top. do not let any grass or foreign objects cover it (most of us keep the drain cleaned anyway) . Remember the rear drain hole is plugged and the water has no where to go except out the lid. Bait did not seem to clog it only the grass and muck from tampa bay.

I hope this helps.