What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

Well, I went ahead and did it.   Pulled the trigger on a new 80# thrust Ipilot w/ a 60" shaft to replace my last one.   I sold my non-BT version earlier this year because the spot lock always drove me crazy.   Had a bunch of Cabela's gift cards and am hoping that the boat is close enough to done that I'll want to have this ready to go for her first trip.   Still probably a month away, even though there isn't a ton of work left on her.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

Well, I went ahead and did it.   Pulled the trigger on a new 80# thrust Ipilot w/ a 60" shaft to replace my last one.   I sold my non-BT version earlier this year because the spot lock always drove me crazy.   Had a bunch of Cabela's gift cards and am hoping that the boat is close enough to done that I'll want to have this ready to go for her first trip.   Still probably a month away, even though there isn't a ton of work left on her.   

Ya know, I'm thinking the forum members should take a road trip and be there for the first launch! At this point we have felt all the pain and indecision's that you have felt too, we've celebrated the accomplishments, etc. I will bring the champagne for the launch!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Ya know, I'm thinking the forum members should take a road trip and be there for the first launch! At this point we have felt all the pain and indecision's that you have felt too, we've celebrated the accomplishments, etc. I will bring the champagne for the launch!

Y'all are officially invited.   There have been a lot of folks who've ridden with me on this journey and I appreciate it more than y'all know.    A lot has happened since November 2017 when I first found the issue, and May 2018 when she was cut open for the first time.   Now that I'm finally getting close to the destination, though, it's getting harder than ever.  I've been waiting to order the new TM, partially because in the back of my mind, I wasn't sure the day would ever come.

Not there yet, but getting close. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2018 at 8:48 PM, FLDXT said:

Old tractor trick, take a screwdriver and a hammer and hammer the screw driver through the filter, you can get a better grip on it. I just changed mine and luckily I have good strap wrenches to break it lose.

I turned an old screwdriver into an awl for that reason...have a couple of cars that the filter is tricky to get too.  If it's hanging upside down, first poke a hole in it with the awl and let it drain.  Then pierce it through the side and use the awl to remove it.