What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

I polished my prop yesterday out of sheer boredom and anticipation of getting the boat back.   

I will probably hit it again, this time with a power buffer and see how bright I can get it, for no other reason than because it is a small way to fiddle with the boat.  After that, a coating of sharkhide, and then will find something else to waste time on.

Getting close to getting her back, but I suspect it will be longer than I expect because that is just the way this thing has gone.    

20190626_071700.jpg

3 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

I polished my prop yesterday out of sheer boredom and anticipation of getting the boat back.   

I will probably hit it again, this time with a power buffer and see how bright I can get it, for no other reason than because it is a small way to fiddle with the boat.  After that, a coating of sharkhide, and then will find something else to waste time on.

Getting close to getting her back, but I suspect it will be longer than I expect because that is just the way this thing has gone.    

20190626_071700.jpg

Will SharkHide also work on aluminum trailer?

6 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

20190626_071700.jpg

With polishing compound and a machine, it will get a lot brighter. Nice little tackle selection you've got there.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 3:24 AM, HewesYourDaddy said:

What brand did you use? I realized mine are no longer functioning this past weekend, so it’s a good time for replacement. 

I ordered them on Amazon and I have never heard of the brand before - Iztos.  Obviously made in China so I hope they last.  They were a direct replacement though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rckeat said:

I ordered them on Amazon and I have never heard of the brand before - Iztos.  Obviously made in China so I hope they last.  They were a direct replacement though.

Marpac, also makes some and lasted for years on my old boat. Probably still going strong today.

• Like 1

Got tired of having dried blood and fish 'guts all over my boat when I return home. Everybody knows had difficult it is to clean up, so I installed a raw water wash down system. Since I do not use my side storage as a extra live well any more I had a place to mount it. No room the rigging with oil tank, pp pump, and jp pump. Fairly easy instal with the exception of having to buy some extra fittings because it is not norma to mount pump and hose in the same place. Mounted the supplied rocker switch/fuse panel on front of the console as to separate it from any other obstruction and ease od access. 

image.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Added rope tie downs to my boat cover yesterday.  I was tired of having to wrangle with bungee cords that kept deteriorating in the sun each year.  My prior boat had permanent rope attached to the tie down points and I found it more convenient to use than having to keep track of and use non attached systems.  I used polyester rope for UV longevity and to provide resistance to mold and mildew.  Project took about 45 minutes to cut, measure and assemble all of the ropes while the cover was on the boat.  One of those non-exciting but necessary boat ownership projects.  

I also had to sew up and reinforce some of the attachment points that were starting to pull free.  I have found 30lb Power Pro to work really well as replacement thread for patching up seams on boat covers and t-tops.  I used it on my old boat cover and the threads held firm exposed to the sun for more than 3 years.  The repair jobs were still going strong when I sold the boat.    

20190707_172347.jpg

20190707_172400.jpg