What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

1 hour ago, fishmanjj said:

I remember that one , the lot has the remains of a nice brick fence around it and looks almost like there was a plantation type home there years ago...but it has all went to ruins. 

Yep. That was it. Ive often wondered what was on that property. That's a lot of brickwork! An engineer friend of mine talked to the lady that owns that about 10-12 yrs ago. Said she had been offered 5 million for the property, and turned it down.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, fin-addict said:

Not what I really did on the boat but what I did at my boat dock. Put flower pots on dock. Painted boat flag poles to match blues. Blue power cord, water hose with blue and boarding mat and ladder wrap, blue mooring whip and docklines. OCD kicked in but told nicest dock area in complex.

F486E9B9-1468-48F2-AF8B-F3C86ED4F7E6.jpeg

38F1EA49-346E-40AB-8317-6CCA9B92582E.jpeg

7CBFB0FD-A751-48C9-AE28-BFA575006DB1.jpeg

FBC80686-7E96-4C15-BA11-8681221106F7.jpeg

A9204A94-E902-43FC-8D54-B8A06DAE170E.jpeg

• Like 1

I haven't run the boat for a while due to being out of town, so got back and cranked it up last week.  Well, no peeing through the tell tale and temp going up.  I found some bug crap in the hole and cleaned it out, but still nothing.  It did flow fine when hooked up to the engines flushing attachment.  So I ordered a water pump replacement kit including a new housing, watched a couple youtube videos, and changed it out today.  Got a pissing motor again!  Not that difficult a job and definitely saved some money.  Time to get back out on the water.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Made a second beach trip in 2 days. Kids had a blast, wife made her once-yearly trip out with us, and ended the day with dinner on the river. And I saw FishmanJJ’s buddy in the Actioncraft!

He called me tonight and said he saw my buddy in the beautiful red / white Pathfinder hauling *** in Sunbury area. He also said he fished about 10 drops including grass island and only had one legal trout....lots of tiny trout. Did you catch any fish ? 

I told him that Actioncraft doesn’t want any part of that Pathfinder now with that new Suzuki.....

9 hours ago, fishmanjj said:

He called me tonight and said he saw my buddy in the beautiful red / white Pathfinder hauling *** in Sunbury area. He also said he fished about 10 drops including grass island and only had one legal trout....lots of tiny trout. Did you catch any fish ? 

I told him that Actioncraft doesn’t want any part of that Pathfinder now with that new Suzuki.....

Hahaha.  No fishing going on in the boat, yesterday. Just a little beach time with family and friends. As clear as the water was yesterday, I'm really surprised no one caught anything. I'm beginning to wonder if the trout have moved to the beachfront or if they've gone deep after those few cold nights we've had earlier in the week. 

I put a new Simrad NSS9 evo3 on the boat, nice and lightweight and built in GPS receiver.  Cleaned up the organized the NMEA 2000 network in the console too.  Now as soon as the Yamaha gateway arrives, I'll tie in the engine data to the network.  It's super easy entering waypoints, and I really like the combination of touch screen and buttons/rotary wheel.

Simrad 1.JPG

Simrad 2.JPG

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, all wet said:

I put a new Simrad NSS9 evo3 on the boat, nice and lightweight and built in GPS receiver.  Cleaned up the organized the NMEA 2000 network in the console too.  Now as soon as the Yamaha gateway arrives, I'll tie in the engine data to the network.  It's super easy entering waypoints, and I really like the combination of touch screen and buttons/rotary wheel.

Simrad 1.JPG

Simrad 2.JPG

Those are nice. I just picked up a Raymarine eS78, which is a touch/keypad/rotary knob unit like the NSS Evo line. 

• Like 1

Woke up this morning to dunk the boat and try some topwater. Decided for some reason i better bump the motor over and nothing. Dead cranking battery. So back to sleep for a lil bit and a trip to get another one so i can go tomorrow morning. Motor wouldnt trim up so i loosened up the screw lifted it and added some oil to the trim cylinder. Probably gonna need to rebuild them in the fall. Hopefully tomorrow works out better

Woke up this morning to dunk the boat and try some topwater. Decided for some reason i better bump the motor over and nothing. Dead cranking battery. So back to sleep for a lil bit and a trip to get another one so i can go tomorrow morning. Motor wouldnt trim up so i loosened up the screw lifted it and added some oil to the trim cylinder. Probably gonna need to rebuild them in the fall. Hopefully tomorrow works out better

8 hours ago, BrettN said:

Changed from bench seat to tempress swivel seats. So far after one trip out I feel like I made the right choice. 

IMG_2507.JPG

I have the same - "fish on seats ? " I am assuming....yes, they are a huge difference in the ride.....on the starboard passenger side, you can really lean back and  streach out.

dc

11 hours ago, BrettN said:

Changed from bench seat to tempress swivel seats. So far after one trip out I feel like I made the right choice. 

IMG_2507.JPG

My MA came with these, would never have thought to install them. I have really fallen in love with them though.  On a flats boat, they give you a little more confidence/security when running.