What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

Brad Pictures now have a bit of running to do, I'll retie wrap later, loads of excess cable

1: Yamaha Buss in 2300 HPS located next to trim rockers inside of console, approx. 12 to 15" from electronics JPEG 0865

2: Network T and EOL Resister shown JPEG 0864

3: Packet with part # JPEG 0866

4: Electronic Info Page showing digital gauge info, I need to look into it a bit but picking the Tab info up may not be possible need to get in touch with Lenco  JPEG 0867, last time I did this installed the rocker/position LED switch.

I also have 6 PDF's from Navico showing Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Mercury, Evinrude engine data network hook ups, Navico was pretty quick to share the info only issue is 2011 when I set the same network up in my 2016 Stratos 2100 SP on the E-Tech, not sure on the Moderator stance on uploading the PDF's to the site

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0866.JPG

IMG_0867.JPG

• Like 2

12 hours ago, George Seither said:

Brad

Yes I did hook into the Yamaha Buss in the console, I'll get pictures later today , also look in Pathfinder NEMA Cable Run , it is pretty much plug and play 

Part # 120-37 ( Has T connector in the packet)Lowrance Factory Outlet $99.00

In an effort to save bandwidth, I didn’t quote your response with pictures. Thank you so much for the info! I was looking at doing this a year ago and there was so little info out there that I just didn’t. All I could find was some company peddling a cord for nearly $300 that was ‘required’ to get the info to display. I knew there was a better and more economical way. I have a network set up (just displaying my head unit on the Garmin for now) so this cable is plug and play. Very cool! Thank you so much! 

Brad, glad it helps, Installed Network T, reinstalled Resistor, connected to buss, turned unit on and selected gauge display on the unit, some of the older units you had to go thru the unit to select the engine set up but there are loads of U-Tube Vids out there on all of the makes and models, I've had the cable since last August and I'm just getting around to setting it up and the last boat I set up on was a 1996 Stratos, LOL I can tell I was in a rush to head out the door.

45 minutes ago, George Seither said:

Brad, glad it helps, Installed Network T, reinstalled Resistor, connected to buss, turned unit on and selected gauge display on the unit, some of the older units you had to go thru the unit to select the engine set up but there are loads of U-Tube Vids out there on all of the makes and models, I've had the cable since last August and I'm just getting around to setting it up and the last boat I set up on was a 1996 Stratos, LOL I can tell I was in a rush to head out the door.

I understand that! I don't get in too big a hurry either. I have an open T, as I had planned for this when I built my backbone. Having all of the info up on the dash will be nice! I read last night that all you need to do for the digital trim is connect the two pick wires under the cowling, near the NMEA plug or under the fuse box. I also read that you can potentially get conflicting data to each gauge, and that's why they say to have a Yamaha dealer set it up. They disable the info going to the Yamaha gauge, so it does not conflict/interfere with "pink wire" deal. Huge help! Thank you again!

33 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

Okay, some interesting visuals here.  Who was tied to the dock for 40 minutes?  The manatee?  You?  You and the manatee?  Was there a boat involved?  😁

LOL, will clear it up for you sir. Boat was tied to dock as usual, in the the water. I and others were standing on the dock. Manatee in the water by boat for 40 minutes looking up and sticking his head out of the water. Hope this clears up your visual. Will post pics soon. 😀😀

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, fin-addict said:

LOL, will clear it up for you sir. Boat was tied to dock as usual, in the the water. I and others were standing on the dock. Manatee in the water by boat for 40 minutes looking up and sticking his head out of the water. Hope this clears up your visual. Will post pics soon. 😀😀

Thanks, I couldnt resist!

Good Day Captains! It took me a little longer than a day but the following describes what I did to my boat. A 2006 Pathfinder 2200V. 

As well as the finishing the top, I also cleaned up the wiring block this past weekend. As when I was installing the transducer and running the transducer cable and wiring up power for the new Garmin I realized that it had been some time since the power distribution block had been cleaned and polished. I like a really AJ squared away power distro! I disconnected (1 at a time of course) each connection and cleaned off the corrosion on the terminal connections on the block and the connections on the wires. I even pulled out the fuses and cleaned them and the fuse slots. I used a dremel and the wire brush attachment. 1000-2000 rmps worked great to clean things up to a polished shine on the contacts and wires. Also, You can see from the before and after pics I even modified the SUZUKI gauge cover. I am having fun with this 2200V. It will be for sale so if you know someone in the Maryland Delaware area that might be interested just drop me a line. 

New CC.JPG

New CC 1.jpg

image3.jpeg

• Like 1

The new Raymarine Downview sonar gives amazing images. I even located an old sportfisher that I thought had been removed from the water. It’s in the river and still has the outriggers on the hull. Showed clear as a snapshot on my machine. What I didn’t like was the spray from the transducer. It’s far worse than the Garmin I just put a spray shield on, so I fabricated my own! Pic of raw product...... I’ll take another snap when it comes out of the “paint booth”

3D9FEA70-CD27-47C8-B804-EE56DE7D000C.jpeg

8E9EA46D-F39C-48C3-8625-82630720887D.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fishmanjj said:

Next time take a pic of the screen with the Sportfish boat on it..... that would be cool to see. Any fish around it ?

I didn't think to take any pics of the screen until later on. No fish around it that I cold tell. I was definitely cool to see when it popped on the screen. Those outriggers might be a problem at low tide.

2 hours ago, fishmanjj said:

Did that Sportfish about two docks down from Sunbury landing sink ?

This was a boat that they beached in the marsh between the ramp and the Crab Co. Not sure why they did it, but it sat grounded there for a few years. I thought they removed it, but it appears the last hurricane pushed it off and sunk it. 

• Confused 1