What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

3 hours ago, Northfl said:

Where may one find one of these for a bobs plate. I have looked on bobs machine website and also atlas site but to no avail. Maybe i was just looking for the wrong thing but couldnt find it on either site. Any help would be appreciated 

thanks

I was wondering the same thing. I saw a similar plate on the Bob's website, but nothing that would fit my specific jack.

1 hour ago, HoneyB said:

Painted the foot of my trolling motor while cleaning up the boat. 

E1591ABF-48DA-4304-A877-DBF403B798B1.jpeg

details:  prep? paint used?  Oyster bars are my nemesis . . . well, not lately, but whenever I get my boat back they will be waiting for me.

BTW, I think we need a different thread called "What did your boat do to YOU today".  

13 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

details:  prep? paint used?  Oyster bars are my nemesis . . . well, not lately, but whenever I get my boat back they will be waiting for me.

BTW, I think we need a different thread called "What did your boat do to YOU today".  

Give me about 6 days and I will add a great pic to your thread, if you start it. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Well it wasnt to my boat but for it. Had a new driveway poured on the other side of the house so i can get it behind some fence. Also built new gates to hide it behind. Been wanting to do it for years just always the concrete work was gonna be way more expensive than it actually was

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced the rear crossmember due to dissimiliar metal issues. Took some doing but now have the new one in place. Have to do the front one as well as replace the carpet on the bunks but after today, i will have the boat in the paw in laws lake before trying to tackle the front one. All new brackets and bolts also. So much easier to do with the boat off the trailer

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

Sent my trusty 20 pitch out for refurbish.  Pitch check, edges refurbished / sharpened, balanced and added some cupping.  Barracuda Props out of Miami did the work.  Hope to give it a whirl this weekend.

Quality work - nice finish!  Please post your results when you test it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

Sent my trusty 20 pitch out for refurbish.  Pitch check, edges refurbished / sharpened, balanced and added some cupping.  Barracuda Props out of Miami did the work.  Hope to give it a whirl this weekend. 

IMG_4234.jpg

Lap it up - how long did it take for them to do the work?   My prop needs some re-work and I've probably got a month before I'll need it.   Can't find any recommended shops around here, so curious about the process.   Do you just send it to them and they know what to do, did you have to specify the cupping?  How long did the work take start to finish and (PM me) a rough idea of price?

I don't know actual work time, but I suspect it doesn't take more than a half day to get a small prop done.  They had the prop for over a week but they are slammed with work.  Barracuda normally turns down small jobs as they opt for big bronze wheels, but a friend of mine knows the owner and called in a favor.  I gave them a list of RPM vs MPH thru the RPM range and also told them what my average load is and how much trim I like to run.  I asked for more bow lift and they came up with the cupping.  We will see results when I get time to test.  Pricing varies.  All depends on what you want done.  I paid $175 for the work I had done.  Look into Fank and Jimmies.  They have done a few props for me in the past.

https://fjprop.com/

• Thanks 1