What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a convenient  setup

I would advise  on keeping the  top cut off when the motor is running. With water going into the pump at lower unit there is a small chance of water back flowing into the water system. It is a pure technical possibility and I would not worry but  in today's world of  PC someone  will make a big deal of nothing 

Removing decals, sanding the cowling, it should be repainted in the next few days. I’m adding some custom decals and next week the Stars and Stripes blue gel coat will be getting some bright blue fresh awlgrip to match everything on the boat. I’m pumped. Pics soon. How many underwater lights do you need on a 22? Is on enough?

58901FEF-95A4-47AD-A104-4F29BE02E5E5.png

34621594-7AA1-41C5-892C-3ED0EB9D9FDA.jpeg

• Like 4

Well, after almost giving up on the repair/restore of my 2000 MA, we're moving forward again.  Got a reasonable estimate on repairing the crack on the chine (have already addressed the internal structural issues that caused it) and we'll get that done in January.   And, as a bonus, I just got a quote on a full re-wire, including a new switch panel, switches, etc.   With the "removable deck," the price was affordable, so when we finish, she really will be better than new.  Better wiring, better switches, better stringers.   

And MAYBE someday, I'll really get to use her again.   

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

Well, after almost giving up on the repair/restore of my 2000 MA, we're moving forward again.  Got a reasonable estimate on repairing the crack on the chine (have already addressed the internal structural issues that caused it) and we'll get that done in January.   And, as a bonus, I just got a quote on a full re-wire, including a new switch panel, switches, etc.   With the "removable deck," the price was affordable, so when we finish, she really will be better than new.  Better wiring, better switches, better stringers.   

And MAYBE someday, I'll really get to use her again.   

Great news and smart to do the re-wire while she's in there...

• Like 1