What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

On 7/5/2018 at 5:22 PM, CaptainCalf said:

I upgraded his work...

BTW, what i normally do is use standard butt connectors, then place silicon or 5200 on the ends and seal with a plastic tube sealer and heat guy....they never ever leak :)  

Hobo trick was to make a dual seal with two plastic sealing tubes...and he would actually solder the connections when possible :) uggh ! but, they never break or leak !!!

• Like 1

Laying on a creeper and grinding glass for hours is less then a Sunday funday... I had multiple hull voids where the gel coat had air trapped between the next layer of glass. They just grow as you grind then prep and build back up is tedious.

put new gaskets on hatches tonight

very easy to do and looks and seals so much better

9BF78982-177D-4FF4-B08B-3323E780F7E6.jpeg

D34CBF8E-E40C-4185-9953-7A0B1138EAE3.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

A buddy purchased this 2012 Pathfinder 20” with an F150 4 or 5 weeks ago.  The motor had 36 hours!  For the last several weeks, I have been cleaning the compartments, bilge, checking all the systems, making minor trailer repairs, and generally figuring everything out for him.  I couldn’t stand it so I dropped it in the salt for a shakedown run.  It is a very impressive little bay boat.  With a full tank of fuel, it hit 6000 rpm’s and 50 mph.   He done good!

untitled.png

• Like 1