What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

Looks great, HYD! I'm gearing up to start working in mine again. As the days get a little longer, it gives me a little more time after the kid gets to bed. I've been stock piling little things here and there. This spring I'll install the switch panel I bought last year, have the gauges cleaned up by the gauge guy, and install new switchs. Along with that, I'm going to clean up the wiring for the tm batteries and add a battery switch for those. 

8 hours ago, BradM said:

Looks great, HYD! I'm gearing up to start working in mine again. As the days get a little longer, it gives me a little more time after the kid gets to bed. I've been stock piling little things here and there. This spring I'll install the switch panel I bought last year, have the gauges cleaned up by the gauge guy, and install new switchs. Along with that, I'm going to clean up the wiring for the tm batteries and add a battery switch for those. 

Brad,  I forgot to mention I just got my gauges back from Gaugesaver last week.  That guy does incredible work and he's fast.  Here is a before and after picture he sent me. Note that in the top picture the gauges ARE powered up. The LCD screens were so dim that you could only see them in the brightest sunlight. He did inform me that there were some very deep pits on the plastic screens that he wouldn't be able to completely polish out, but for $100, this was well worth it!

IMG_3270.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Brad,  I forgot to mention I just got my gauges back from Gaugesaver last week.  That guy does incredible work and he's fast.  Here is a before and after picture he sent me. Note that in the top picture the gauges ARE powered up. The LCD screens were so dim that you could only see them in the brightest sunlight. He did inform me that there were some very deep pits on the plastic screens that he wouldn't be able to completely polish out, but for $100, this was well worth it!

IMG_3270.JPG

Money well spent! 

• Like 2

Since the addition of the Ulterra iPilot created an issue with the bow cleat (cannot raise all the way even after modifications to the quick release starboard material) I decided to add two more cleats per another member’s setup. Tough working upside down under the deck/gunnels. Thus the need for the two special tools. 

D16609AC-D2FF-48D1-8239-AA7208B31286.jpeg

38634ED2-4453-4779-A143-9EA648F3A9A5.jpeg

3E6A788C-6113-4325-9CC8-F9A2DB190212.jpeg

• Like 1

Well, I sent the gauges out to the gauge guy. I couldn't work out a time to meet up with him, but he's only about 30 minutes south of me. Also sent my prop out to Texas for a hub and a tune up. Steve's Custom Props does a great job and I've always been pleased with his work. My head unit took a dump on me, so I sent it out to Alpine to be repaired. Fingers crossed it's a minor issue.   

I plan to clean up the trailer this weekend and tidy up the bilge. As torn as I am, the days of owning this rig are coming to a close. I hope to fish her one more time before listing, but with vacation quickly approaching and a a new boat on the not so distant horizon, the window seems to be quickly closing. I'll post pics as soon as things are back together. 

HYD, it's almost spring, better wax that rig again! 

• Like 1