What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

8 hours ago, Inshore1 said:

What's tha secret keeping the bilge so clean?  Going to try and clean mine up this winter while replacing some pumps.  I have the same boat, different year

I've been doing way too much 'Driveway Boating' lately is the main reason its clean.

I just clean it up with some soap and bleach... and when not in use, leave it open so It breaths. Even when its under the cover, I turn the stainless latches and then close the lids so it keeps them open about a 1/2 inch... I think it helps prevent mold.

Dang!!!! 78.5....stop it!!

Years ago, in my younger and dumber years, I went on a high speed ride in a 17' Hydra-Stream with some racing engine hanging off the back! I remember crazy things like he had two speedometers, I remember how close the water was just below the gunnels while sitting in the boat at 104 mph and how I could feel each little ripple in the water. We got one run down the river away from his house and he's making the turn saying it "will go faster with the wind" and I asked him to take me to shore.....I'd rather walk back if he did not mind. Never again.

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve got a few boat projects in the works while the weather is frigid. Over the past week I added 2 more jl speakers, swapped out batteries to AGMs, started cleaning bilge and all hatches, and I’m swapping out my old 8’ power poles for 10’ blades that I got a deal on. I’ve got a fiberglass guy coming to fix a couple of things on the deck and get the gel coat touch up. I had a new plate welded on the tower legs so there’s a few holes. 

75643395-ED6D-4252-B2CD-F385F9B69266.jpeg

A3FE1171-B070-48F6-98DA-711D971FBE78.jpeg

D667A0E8-605D-4ABA-9CAD-9B7244C8F6CE.jpeg

19FDD318-D0A9-4376-883A-1F693EEEBC7E.jpeg

7C8F4C67-EFEA-4C79-B167-87EA9783E6D0.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice wintertime projects, dcathey.   I am taking advantage of sub 50 degree water temps too.  My Pathy is in the “gelcoat booth” having some minor nicks and abrasions, that typically occur during the year, repaired.  My middle initial is “a,” which stands for anal.  After it comes out, hopefully this week, it will get detailed before going back in the barn.

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2018 at 9:22 AM, JEM said:

Nice wintertime projects, dcathey.   I am taking advantage of sub 50 degree water temps too.  My Pathy is in the “gelcoat booth” having some minor nicks and abrasions, that typically occur during the year, repaired.  My middle initial is “a,” which stands for anal.  After it comes out, hopefully this week, it will get detailed before going back in the barn.

Who is doing your gel coat work?

1 hour ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Who is doing your gel coat work?

Gator in Thunderbolt.  I think his business name is Alligator Fiberglass, or something like that.  He is right next to River Service in Thunderbolt.  He use to be the painter for Blackfin Yachts.