What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

3 minutes ago, FROZEN said:

Yeah.....a real class job! Congrats! I wish someone could coach me over drilling holes in my hull! I can drill in someone else’s boat, but not mine!

thank you ....a labor of love for the hobby....I always feel like I'm "paying myself" when I do this.....it took me 14 hours - two days including going to the Boat Owner's warehouse to get the stuff....but, I was going very very slowing, tracing every wire and ground to be sure I didn't blow up or short out something.....this was the slow part of the process as I had to do a test wiring to be sure everything worked, then I would lay it out....combine this with bad knees and well....it just went slow...in and out of the skiff 100 times and I was a sore puppy....I don't know how the professional riggers like BOB at Inshore Marine does it day in and day out...I'm sure he would have done it in 1/4 of the time, but, I enjoy it....I missed my Co_Pilot - DonH my rigging Assistant..something about Family and Thanksgiving....Baaaah Humbug :)  

But, I enjoy it, I know each fuse, how they work, what comes on, what goes off, etc. etc.

It's not easy...banged up knuckles, sliced hands from fiberglass etc....Ugggggh.

DC

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Donh said:

You guys make me want to get back in the game. Too much time on my hands.

dh

I got a better idea, if you need to scratch the itch, come on up to Wilmington and fix nag and my trim tabs, maybe replace and rewire my pumps too.  Be far cheaper than having your own boat and all the enjoyment of scraped knuckles, kinks in your back, and dent in your wallet!  

What a deal!  :)

21 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

I got a better idea, if you need to scratch the itch, come on up to Wilmington and fix nag and my trim tabs, maybe replace and rewire my pumps too.  Be far cheaper than having your own boat and all the enjoyment of scraped knuckles, kinks in your back, and dent in your wallet!  

What a deal!  :)

welcome here too !!:)

Got some serious work done from my project list today:

1) Fixed starboard trim tab, simple as a broken wire in the bilge area.  Whew!

2)  Figured out and fixed the reason my bilge float switch wasnt working.  Guess what? broken wire in the bilge. . .

3)  Sensing a pattern, I re did the connectors to any suspicious looking wiring in the bilge with heat shrink connections, and cleaned the wiring back there, getting it up higher and away from water.

4) Figured out why my bilge pump was only working intermittently and sounded so weak. . . took awhike, but it turned out to be a bad fuse that had corroded but had just enough connection to throw me off of its scent.  Gotcha, bugger!

5)  Finally figured out why my live well pump stopped wotking, but this one is a head scratcher.  Thought it was a bad pump, so tested it off the house battery directly, pump is fine.  Thought it was the connection, per the pattern I was seeing, not that either.  Thought it was a corrosion issue at the switch, nope, bad switch?  nope. . . Turned out to be simply a mis wired switch.  At some point I must have disconnected the wire and reconnected it wrong.  I never use the livewell, so no idea when this happened. . .

For the fist time since owning the boat, every switch on the pannel works properly.

Life is good.  

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Inshore1 said:

What's tha secret keeping the bilge so clean?  Going to try and clean mine up this winter while replacing some pumps.  I have the same boat, different year

Actually I find if I keep the hatch closed I don't notice the dirty bilge!  9_9

• Like 1