Jump to content
HewesYourDaddy

What did you do to your boat today?

Recommended Posts

Noticed a "bent" axel. Upon further examination, it was rusted bad. And leaf springs needed repacing as long as I was doing it. Well I hate leaf springs....Long story short, I have two new torsion axels, hubs, bearings  and a lot less $ in the bank.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, justfish said:

Noticed a "bent" axel. Upon further examination, it was rusted bad. And leaf springs needed repacing as long as I was doing it. Well I hate leaf springs....Long story short, I have two new torsion axels, hubs, bearings  and a lot less $ in the bank.  

 

B. O. A. T.!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gel coated some nicks on the bottom of the maverick and installed trolling motor and batteries in the pathfinder. While sweatin my balls off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Installed my brand new Powermania on-board charger. Man what a pain in the azz. My batteries are in a below floor hatch behind the leaning post. It's nice to have the console wide open for storing other stuff, but when you have to disconnect 20 or so leads, remove three batteries, remove old charger, then install and reattach everything, makes me wonder why I chose that location.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually did this yesterday...... I cleaned the old, mildewed caulk from around my console. Still got more to remove but it looks much better and I can live with it for a while when I get some down time. And I ordered registration numbers - white with gold outline to match the Pathfinder logo on hull. I got called Fifty Cent by my coworker!

IMG_0231.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ordered these custom labeled, replacement switch actuators. Now I won't worry about putting in a new dash panel with switch labeling. The guys are in Charleston and website claims to ship next day after receiving order. I hope to have them on the boat by tournament time Saturday. I will let you know how they turn out.

 

https://rockerswitchpros.com/product/custom-rocker-switch-actuator/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like those switches, I need some for my Pathfinder. I'm not sure what you call them but I need the ones that switch 2 separate things from one switch. They switch up & down, anyone got any input on redoing a dash switch kit on a 2006 Pathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're double throw switches. I used to know what the part number was. Let me see if I can still find it. I'm only getting the switch actuators (covers). My switches themselves are fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, dcathey said:

I like those switches, I need some for my Pathfinder. I'm not sure what you call them but I need the ones that switch 2 separate things from one switch. They switch up & down, anyone got any input on redoing a dash switch kit on a 2006 Pathy

Your switches are most likely Carling V6DA switches. If you can get under the dash to look, it will be printed on the side of the switch. Those would be single pole, double throw - press the switch up, it turns something on. Press the switch down, it turns the other function off and the new accessory is turned on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found an IPilot and hung it on there this past weekend. Today I took little man fishing. IPilot and the backrest are TOTAL game changers. I'm not sure which one I like more.

IMG_1604.JPG

IMG_1603.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to clean the non-skid on my boat seeing how the rest of you are in a cleaning frenzy. I bought the star brite non skid deck cleaner, attached a scrubbing brush to my electric drill and went to work. It was fairly easy to apply per the directions, after finishing I rinsed the cleaner off and wiped dry. Unfortunately, I did not see any difference after finishing and it did not take the smudge marks off that I was trying to clean or reduce the slipperiness (sp) that has been on the deck since new.

Do any of you use a non skid deck cleaner that has good results?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, lurem said:

I decided to clean the non-skid on my boat seeing how the rest of you are in a cleaning frenzy. I bought the star brite non skid deck cleaner, attached a scrubbing brush to my electric drill and went to work. It was fairly easy to apply per the directions, after finishing I rinsed the cleaner off and wiped dry. Unfortunately, I did not see any difference after finishing and it did not take the smudge marks off that I was trying to clean or reduce the slipperiness (sp) that has been on the deck since new.

Do any of you use a non skid deck cleaner that has good results?

I used Buff Magic, which is a fine rubbing compound and my da polisher. Took the crud and oxidation right out of it and now it looks better than it has in the 9 years I've owned my rig. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

I just ordered these custom labeled, replacement switch actuators. Now I won't worry about putting in a new dash panel with switch labeling. The guys are in Charleston and website claims to ship next day after receiving order. I hope to have them on the boat by tournament time Saturday. I will let you know how they turn out.

 

https://rockerswitchpros.com/product/custom-rocker-switch-actuator/

I just ordered a new switch panel for my boat from Flounder Pounder, my OEM one is cracked and the corners have been chipped off over the 16 years of use. I'll post pics here when it arrives. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished rebuilding my minn Kota. Everything works great, but I think I want one with a longer shaft ( I need to call Nag). And my switch actuators shipped today. That company is fast. I hope they look as good as I've heard they will. Should be here Wednesday and will have before and after pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BradM said:

I just ordered a new switch panel for my boat from Flounder Pounder, my OEM one is cracked and the corners have been chipped off over the 16 years of use. I'll post pics here when it arrives. 

Do they have factory replacements or do they custom make them? A long time ago, they had a bunch of Scout panels left over from OEM stock. I picked one up for my 202 Sportfish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×