What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

13 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Instslled the best thing since sliced bread .

Absoleutly changed the whole prop equation for me .

Zero porpoising isuees now .

Greatbow lift

Holds with nasty trim .

#HAPPYCAMPER 🇺🇸☠️

C7BC1316-E8A9-4DA1-AA63-CE63942A90ED.jpeg

5D93E4C4-5A47-4521-93B7-8C67C776DB9A.jpeg

Just installed the same on my MA17 and 115 two stroker....ran her 72 miles in Flamingo and it was a nice upgrade....bow lift and less trim...

dc

• Like 1

Got a pair of Mate Series rod/cup holders for Christmas. Been wanting these for a while now but was scared they wouldn’t fit where I wanted them, on top of the end of the front hatches. I seen them mounted there before but I have 8.8 Jl speakers mounted on the front end. After printing out the instal template from Mate Series I was sure they would fit but be real close. After careful placement they cleared without issue. BTW the oval top ones will fit in tighter places than the round. Turned out great! Planning on adding three more. One up front on the bow in front of anchor locker and a couple on the gunnels even with the leaning post. 

64C3A3C8-018D-4639-8FD4-AC9DCAB46D55.jpeg

74FA6781-1BC9-4F53-BB67-AF5444BEAC18.jpeg

38634254-DA7E-4302-A1C8-931CAF6D360A.jpeg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, brew1891 said:

Had one lenco tab making a weird noise. Got a great deal on Bennett bolt replacements. Seem to be a much better design.

DF0F9C89-B272-4A7D-A293-CE10336319C6.thumb.jpeg.2e427ae4347ee4874f4ffb170f594ce2.jpeg

New Xmas toy

1598739F-726F-4F34-B01F-365E9F717C59.thumb.jpeg.c46dd7c9a330ae2c5cb4f5bc19d44749.jpeg

Also flushed the hydraulic steering lines. 

Those look good! Flushing the steering can be messy. One of my glands has a seep and I'll be doing that soon. 

12 hours ago, CG RYAN said:

Those look good! Flushing the steering can be messy. One of my glands has a seep and I'll be doing that soon. 

Thanks.

Had a buddy help with the installs and flush. Took our time and tried not to make too big of a mess. I don’t see any leaks on mine but it’s drifting to starboard under power. Flushing helped but didn’t stop it completely. 

I set out to replace the brake pads on my 2017 Alumatrail trailer. The trailer is only a year old and I religiously spray the pads and rotors down with salt away when I launch and load. Well as you guys know the stock Tie Down engineering brakes are JUNK. I mean real crap. With my sons help was able to piece together 2 working calipers and moved those to the front axle. I blocked off the rear axle brakes and removed and threw away the frozen calipers. After power bleeding the system to exchange all the fluid my trailer finally has working brakes again. 

I plan to upgrade to Kodiak all stainless this summer. I am only going to keep brakes on one axle. The 22 Pathy is a pretty light boat for a twin axle trailer. 

You can rebuild your calipers for about $12 per axle. The caliper really never goes bad, it's the piston that slides in and out of the cylinder that gets compromised by rust. Just a slight amount of rust will cause the piston to lock-up inside the cylinder. The rebuild kit includes an O-ring for the piston and a boot, that is supposed to keep water, dirt and dust out of the piston and cylinder. I haven't bought calipers in years, I just rebuild about every 5 years. 

20 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

Decathy those sho decals are bad ***. I love the almost stock yet custom look!

Thanks man, I almost went back to stock but thought that silver and blue would look sharp with the fresh hull paint and the previously installed gray Seadek. Boat should pop when on the water