What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

Had the Livewell 2 pump go out a while back so I ordered two new pumps.  Livewell pump 1 went out a few weeks ago on last fishing trip (made it 12 years).  When I started pulling out the L1 pump, which was the original, the inline strainer was moving so I decided to pull and replace thinking there could be some cracks or damage.  Got both strainers/filters out and replaced with new.  The old ones are fine.  Just need cleaned and I'll have a few spares to keep around.  Pretty easy install.  Used teflon tape (lots) and did away with the old quick connect in the bilge instead opting for heat shrinkable butt connectors with heat shrink over them.  

One thing I found in the bilge I was curious about is I have two lines in the harness that do not have any connections.  Does anyone know what they might be?  Photo attached with connectors in my hand.  One looks to be purple/white & Black while the other looks to be Red/white and Black.  They must come from the main switch panel but don't know what they might be for.  Maybe a recirc or accessory?

PathyPlumbing.jpg

IMG_8417.JPG

Capt,  keep a (damp)towel with you for the first few trips after that woodyswax to stand on.  Always slick as hell the first 3-4 trips depending on how conservative you were with application.  if you used more than a dusting of the stuff on the (very wet) deck, it will be a skating rink in the early a.m.s with the condensation.  Be super careful, wear a pfd more religiously for a couple trips.  After the first few, it wont be noticeable but will still amaze you at how easily she cleans up.  

Ask me how I know all this stuff!  

1 hour ago, whichwaysup said:

Capt,  keep a (damp)towel with you for the first few trips after that woodyswax to stand on.  Always slick as hell the first 3-4 trips depending on how conservative you were with application.  if you used more than a dusting of the stuff on the (very wet) deck, it will be a skating rink in the early a.m.s with the condensation.  Be super careful, wear a pfd more religiously for a couple trips.  After the first few, it wont be noticeable but will still amaze you at how easily she cleans up.  

Ask me how I know all this stuff!  

Thanks, I didn’t use much at all but will take some wet towels to stand on next outing just in case!

love the way woody wax smells...reminds me of cheap motel’s carpet at the beach xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, CaptainCalf said:

Thanks, I didn’t use much at all but will take some wet towels to stand on next outing just in case!

love the way woody wax smells...reminds me of cheap motel’s carpet at the beach xD

I only apply the woody wax to the non skid on mine and is slick as eel dodo the next fishing trip...you have to be careful at first. But, no fish blood or smashed bait stains the gel coat at all.  

On the cheap motel carpet at the beach....😜🤣😜🤣🤣😂😜👍

• Like 1