What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

12 hours ago, dcathey said:

Ordered a battery tender trolling motor plug. The old setup let us down and I had to rig it up on the water to keep us going. Ready to get it on , hopefully it’s as good as everyone keeps saying

You'll love it.  Easy on and off with a great connection.  The newer units even seem more secure than those that are a few years old.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2018 at 6:01 AM, Lap it Up said:

Finally got around to updating my 21.  I installed 8 locking latches.  Sorry I don't have before pics but if you know early MA's you know those ugly looking half moon finger grabs.  I had to do a little trimming to a couple inner liners but all in all they came out great and made my OL girl look a few years younger! Last but not least I replaced my leaking trim cylinder seals and tilt cylinder seal. 

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

Where did you buy these latches?

On 7/1/2017 at 8:06 AM, HewesYourDaddy said:

This may have been done on here before, and I know there's a thread like this on THT, so let's roll with it. Yes, I'm bored this morning.

I actually did this last night, but it almost ended up in the "today".  I replaced both of the garboard drains/plugs with Seadog stainless drains and captured plugs. The tunnel hull takes two  this is the 4th boat I've installed these one. They are great items.

IMG_0212.JPG

Anyone install one of these on a 2200 Pathfinder?  i've got a 2003 and want to install.  looks brilliant.

I found this under the deck while adding a battery tender trolling motor attachment. Looked fine above deck. Don’t know how this thing didn’t burn the boat down and the trolling motor was still in full operation

never trust someone else’s rigging 

2F22D75A-B285-4CF4-AA43-EE442976AB8C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Mik said:

Anyone install one of these on a 2200 Pathfinder?  i've got a 2003 and want to install.  looks brilliant.

In 08, these were standard equipment on PF, and currently available from MBG for $11.50. Bought a spare just in case. Great item

398CEE07-BE1E-4BF8-BF31-2271B4CCB40D.png.8196c64b480590a9c71a73279a742bfa.png

18 hours ago, Mik said:

Yes, I've installed 2 on my 1900T (two drains on Tunnel hull) and installed one in every other boat I've owned. They're great. Go with the ones with 3 mounting holes. If they don't line up with the existing 3 holes, rotate 60°, drill new holes, and you've got a great install.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 3:03 PM, Wanaflatsfish said:

i always take off covers during hurricanes and high winds....it will just get ripped apart and will do nothing to protect the boat....in fact, the continuous high speed flapping of the cover can actually damage the gel....just my opinion....

dc

I always keep my on, just tighten everything down so there is no flapping. I have two poles that prop the cover up and add some tension to everything, it's been through 3 hurricanes now and no issues, keeps all the junk from getting in the boat.

Livewell 1 pump died while fishing at Guntersville last week. Pulled it out today and decided to go ahead and change out strainers as well.  Ordering strainers tomorrow and may go ahead and replace livewell 2  pump and keep the current L2 pump as a backup. 

Also pulled the old Garmin GPSMap 498 from the bow. Anyone interested in purchasing?  It’s probably headed to the classifieds. 

Setting up a second bubbler and installing disc in Livewell 2. 

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:31 PM, Chitwood21MA said:

Where did you buy these latches?

I bought them on Amazon.  They are the most flush latch I could find.  Some hatches take a little cutting and thought to get them to latch on the liner.  Wasn't hard though.  When I bought them they were half this price.  I guess my order made them re-think it??! https://www.amazon.com/MxEol-Stainless-Steel-Latch-Marine/dp/B06WNZMBGF/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1527588544&sr=8-4&keywords=stainless+steel+boat+latches&dpID=41VsJ5cqlsL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

• Thanks 1

On the advice of a previous post / idea, I bought a cheap ($4) pair of muffs and blew out the cockpit drains. You would not believe what came out, and now drains like a bathtub! Still can’t figure on how to post pics in proper orientation. That’s the next project!

Many thanks!

EE3B84CF-141A-4DD5-A49E-C015DC7721E0.thumb.jpeg.d3c1a404bff658737c61e90480bc98fd.jpeg