What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

Wrapped the wheel with Paracord Friday, ( still not sure if I like it or not), spilled a beer. Dang the bad luck.. put in new registration numbers, and gave it a much needed bath..

Sat, dumped it in the lake with the wife since she hadn't been in it yet and then back home and another real good bath.

Today, replaced a solenoid on the jp until I get the retrofit in and Installed. , Went to Bass pro and got the wife a new rod and reel and the boat a new landing net.. haven't spilled another beer in it either so been a good weekend

• Like 1

Finally got around to updating my 21.  I installed 8 locking latches.  Sorry I don't have before pics but if you know early MA's you know those ugly looking half moon finger grabs.  I had to do a little trimming to a couple inner liners but all in all they came out great and made my OL girl look a few years younger! Last but not least I replaced my leaking trim cylinder seals and tilt cylinder seal. 

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Looks good Lap! I was wondering how long those locks would work for, do you have a history with them, do they remain functional in our environments? That cushion looks pretty nice as well did you have it made or did it come with the boat? I am looking for a good quality marine fabric/cushion installer. 

Hey Muddy,  I bought the latches off Amazon.  I got them because they were the thinnest and most flush I could find.  The stainless is high quality so I'm pretty sure they should hold up well, time will tell.  The cushion came with the boat. Previous owner had it made.  Its comfortable but my back takes a beating without a backrest.  I am going to have a backrest made but I will need two holes sewn into the cushion since it covers the whole hatch.  I am also looking for a good fabric guy.  If you find one please let me know!

5 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

Hey Muddy,  I bought the latches off Amazon.  I got them because they were the thinnest and most flush I could find.  The stainless is high quality so I'm pretty sure they should hold up well, time will tell.  The cushion came with the boat. Previous owner had it made.  Its comfortable but my back takes a beating without a backrest.  I am going to have a backrest made but I will need two holes sewn into the cushion since it covers the whole hatch.  I am also looking for a good fabric guy.  If you find one please let me know!

Where are you located? I know a good fabric guy and upholsterer. 

After an amazingly sad and frustrating series of dead ends, I MAY have found someone who can fix my beloved MA for less than the 20-25K I was quoted last.   

For those of you who pray, I could use your prayers right now, just pile 'em on.   I'd really like to get her fixed, fixed RIGHT, and fixed for something reasonable.  It's been a rough several months since I discovered the issue in November.  

3 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

After an amazingly sad and frustrating series of dead ends, I MAY have found someone who can fix my beloved MA for less than the 20-25K I was quoted last.   

For those of you who pray, I could use your prayers right now, just pile 'em on.   I'd really like to get her fixed, fixed RIGHT, and fixed for something reasonable.  It's been a rough several months since I discovered the issue in November.  

Bear with me, but was this the one that had a stringer crack or something like that? Feel free to shoot me a message, I have plenty of glass guys that can redo the entire boat for less than that

3 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

Bear with me, but was this the one that had a stringer crack or something like that? Feel free to shoot me a message, I have plenty of glass guys that can redo the entire boat for less than that

Thanks - may reach out.  Hopefully this option will be in the much much much lower range, but will address the issue permanently and correctly.  If it falls through or I don't like the level of quality he offers, I'll be PMing you.   Like what I see so far, though!

On 3/12/2018 at 6:01 AM, Lap it Up said:

Finally got around to updating my 21.  I installed 8 locking latches.  Sorry I don't have before pics but if you know early MA's you know those ugly looking half moon finger grabs.  I had to do a little trimming to a couple inner liners but all in all they came out great and made my OL girl look a few years younger! Last but not least I replaced my leaking trim cylinder seals and tilt cylinder seal. 

Looks reel good....

7 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

Prayers are being piled on brother !!!  I really hope that you can get her fixed right and permanently !

• Like 1

Nothing with the boat today or this weekend.  However, I was able to build my rod holders in my new shed/workshop that I just completed.  Took a 2x4 drilled as many 1 1/2 inches holes as needed and then rip'd it on my table saw and had two units to hang from.  Pre-drilled holes and counter sunk the screws.  I lined each slot with felt for protection.  Used .88 cent plastic coated hooks that I bought at Lowe's on the tip side. 

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

• Like 1

Anybody got a credit card I can borrow?  Mine doesnt seem to work anymore . . . ;)

Brother, you are asking the wrong people to borrow their credit card, we are all in the same boat, literally! Maybe not to the extent you are, however I suggest heading over to a scrape booking website and asking them:D. Good luck with the boat and keep us posted.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Brother, you are asking the wrong people to borrow their credit card, we are all in the same boat, literally! Maybe not to the extent you are, however I suggest heading over to a scrape booking website and asking them:D. Good luck with the boat and keep us posted.

Hahaha - I had no idea that scrap booking was so low cost.   Clearly I need to take up THAT hobby!    

5 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Brad's not scared to cut holes in his brand new boat. Looks good buddy. I like the changes to the console (steering wheel on the left). That was my only gripe about my 2013 (steering wheel in the center), makes it awkward to seat two people on the leaning post.  

Not true! I had to chug a beer and take a lap around the back yard before I attempted it. Not bad though. I used a Dremel with a grout cutting bit, and it was easy as writing your name. I've never used a bit like that before and I was concerned about it wanting to walk around or slip up. It did not. I nailed the cut out on the first try!

I like that they moved the helm over, too. I've been wanting an HPS since they came out and the wheel being centered always bothered me. They also added an access door on the console, under the existing hatch/door. It makes taking batteries in and out a breeze....as well can getting a vacuum cleaner in there to clean up the mess of cutting hole in the dash. :D 

If you're ever up this way, stop by and check it out.

On 3/29/2018 at 3:14 PM, BradM said:

Not true! I had to chug a beer and take a lap around the back yard before I attempted it. Not bad though. I used a Dremel with a grout cutting bit, and it was easy as writing your name. I've never used a bit like that before and I was concerned about it wanting to walk around or slip up. It did not. I nailed the cut out on the first try!

I like that they moved the helm over, too. I've been wanting an HPS since they came out and the wheel being centered always bothered me. They also added an access door on the console, under the existing hatch/door. It makes taking batteries in and out a breeze....as well can getting a vacuum cleaner in there to clean up the mess of cutting hole in the dash. :D 

If you're ever up this way, stop by and check it out.

It's not that difficult.....just takes a large set of Cajjones for that first pierce......but, remember, it's only fiberglass and can always be repaired :)

Well done.....looking good....

DC

• Like 1

Since the boat is awaiting her surgery and is off site, I took advantage of the opportunity to re-work her parking pad area.  The turf block pavers had settled in and gotten all cockeyed and misaligned and even though you couldn't see it from a distance, it was bugging me.   Spent about 3-4 tedious hours lining up and leveling turf block pavers, getting the wheel jack area lined up, digging, leveling, covering, rinse, repeat. . .  

3 hours later, I could barely stand up (those pavers are seriously heavy) and I had sand in places we don't need to talk about in polite company, but the job was finished.   I turned around to admire it, but from a distance, it looked exactly the same.  :(   But those blocks are straight and level now, so when I get her back, she'll be sitting pretty again.

• Like 3