Time to Re-power

Mangroovin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, mulligan said:

Yes, 1.75. It has been awhile since I ran the OFX but off the top of my head it was was around 60 maybe 63 or so on a good day. 

Thanks.  I've noticed a lot of guys are running the OFX4 with good results.  I'm taking notes in hopes that someday my wallet will get fatter and I can move up to a 21-22 foot boat with a Big Block!  :)

Lol.  Due to boat traffic couldn't go all the way but got it to 60mph at one point in a very short stretch.  Lots of reserve power from 40 mph up.  Gulf should be nice and calm this weekend so Ill hopefully have a chance to boot it.  So far its fantastic.  Have my old OFX4 blade 21 pitch on it currently.  Thats probably the right size and pitch.  Hole shot is great.:D

Sorry should have better info after the weekend.B|

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:17 AM, linesider 159 said:

Put a 24 bravo xs/fs on it and let it eat. Would be a great prop for that combo. Maybe a 23 or 23.5 if you run heavier

I don't have the same combo, wish I had that SHO on the back, but I am not sure a Bravo FS/XS out of the box is going to get much better performance than an OFX or at least on mine it did not.  The thing with the FS/XS is that when Mercury does all the work from a stock BravoI they take cup out of it. So when you go run WOT it tends to slip on my hull.  My slip number with the FS is high at around 17%.  Now Bravos have an XC, extra cup, that might work or a stock Bravo and have it tuned to your hull.  Don't get me wrong the Bravo FS/XS works well but I think it leaves a bit on the table.

I have a Bravo FS that I finally got around to shipping off to get worked.  We will see how it does!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2018 at 6:14 PM, Mangroovin said:

Lol.  Due to boat traffic couldn't go all the way but got it to 60mph at one point in a very short stretch.  Lots of reserve power from 40 mph up.  Gulf should be nice and calm this weekend so Ill hopefully have a chance to boot it.  So far its fantastic.  Have my old OFX4 blade 21 pitch on it currently.  Thats probably the right size and pitch.  Hole shot is great.:D

Sorry should have better info after the weekend.B|

If that prop doesn't work out let me know. I might be interested in getting a 4 blade.

On 2/12/2018 at 11:17 AM, linesider 159 said:

Put a 24 bravo xs/fs on it and let it eat. Would be a great prop for that combo. Maybe a 23 or 23.5 if you run heavier

Linesider, just curious...  Did you use the PVS vent plugs on the Bravo I with your 250 SHO 4-stroke?  If so, which size plugs (or solid) worked best?  Thanks.

Archived