CL Find Maverick MA

polepusher

Its rare to see a 4 stroke repower on one of these and the engine certainly is an attractive feature for this boat.  Seems a little high in its current condition, but if fixed and/or priced to address the issues, this would be a nice boat for someone.  

I shot the seller a note inviting him to the forum so he can answer questions etc.  

Hmmm I did not look at all the pics befor my last statement.  

Not sure if the 92's had some wood or not. Or if even composites of that era would hold up to what is prob constant moisture. Most importantly, I'd be More conerned about the general maintenance of the whole boat if something was left like that. Just me...

That's a lot of holes left open on the deck for water intrusion..i cant imagine why someone wouldn't at least put some silicone in the holes to seal them up. There was a 94 MA 18 here a while back with a F150 on it for 15,000 that looked much better cosmetically than this one does........ This is probably closer to a 10 K to 12 K rig if sold "as is". JMHO

I can confirm that there is no wood construction in the models after 86 because I checked w/ MBC on my 87 MA.  No wood.  As for the soft spots on the deck, I don't know that those holes are going to cause much damage.   Definitely a good one to have a good surveyor look at.  No matter what, it will need some fiberglass work done, and given the age, this could be a great candidate for a complete refurb.  She's pretty as a picture.  Hope someone snags her and does her right!

Thanks for the help, exactly what I was looking for and exactly why I joined this forum.  In the market for my first Maverick or Hewes once my current boat sells and I don't want to overlook something on these.  The crack has me somewhat hesitant to make the drive as well, was told she met a dock a bit too hard. Between the holes and crack, I'm questioning overall maintenance like justfish mentioned.  

That aside, she's good looking.

Archived