08_28_2332IR_ani.gif

(NOTE: DEPENDING ON YOUR INTERNET SPEEDS, THE MAPS AND ANIMATION MAY TAKE A MOMENT TO DOWNLOAD AND ACTIVATE! ALL MAPS AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE AT DIFFERENT INTERVALS! NOTE THE DATES AND TIMES ON THE MAPS!)

LINK TO NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER

LINK TO MAIN WEATHER SITE

NOAA HIGH RESOLUTION STORM DAMAGE

two_atl_0d0.png?271143

******All QUIET******

wv-animated.gif

*******RADAR LOOPS********

radar_flanim.gif

southeast_loop.gif

*********EXPANDED VIEWS***********

hicbsat_None_anim.gif

united-states-current-radar-animation.gi

08_28_2332IR_ani.gif

Now we have IRMA brewing in the Atlantic and they are worried about where it may go! I worry when they don't start that early curve to the North. Radar loops and weather links to follow what is left of HARVEY can be located on the MAIN WEATHER SITE !

At that low of latitude it is hard not to impact land some how. I'm afraid another land fall is imminent. Where is a guess at this point. The problem is once any of things get close to the bottom of Cuba someone is going to get whacked. They get under PR or Dominica all bets are off. They seldom do U turns.

Ok, so that is something else that I don't miss since leaving Florida.  The worry of storms.  Andrew was enough for back in 92 going 6 weeks without power and running off a 5K gen.  Watching boats levitate 6 feet off the ground tied to a trailer is a little scary.  I pray that you all that are close to the coast are safe and don't have to experience that.  People forget how serious these storms can really be...

anstreet.jpg

• Thanks 1

Well after "Sandy" I'm hoping these cool temps we've been having keep the scary looking buzzsaw away from the NJ coast. I no longer have a small boat on a trailer.  I'm hoping our waters have started to cool down. 

• Like 1

That new X is even worse news. It was predicted last week. Wind is the least concern for Texas right now. Please, no more rain for them.

Looks to be a crazy year. Irma should be concerning to everyone.

The Harvey Relief Effort is far from over, but it is good to see so many people doing their best to help those in need.  Irma is a long way off, and there are many possible tracks, but right now she is on about the same track as Andrew was in '92.  The radar snapshot below shows Andrew tracking Due West as it made landfall.  SW 288 St in the center of the path of the Eye is where I was when this snapsot was recorded.  A few of us decided to camp-out in my business the night of the storm because it was in a shopping center made with concrete block walls and twin-tee concrete roof panels - and we were concerned about looters after the storm.  I will NEVER again stay anywhere in the path of a hurricane when the authorities issue a warning to evacuate.  90% of the shopping center was destroyed including a collapsed roof, except for the section we were staying in - Thank God above!  We could hear enormous crashing sounds as huge package HVAC units were blown off the roof of the shopping center as if they were beer cans.  The sound of 175 mph winds and embedded tornados moving through is something you can never imagine or forget.  I experienced both Eye Walls with winds in opposite directions and was scared sh*tl*ss but walked outside during the calm winds in the Eye.  The barometric pressure drop was a very strange experience as well.  When you instantly lose the modern conveniences that you normally take for granted, like hot water, electricity (for 6 weeks), a grocery store, etc, you remember to appreciate them a little more from then on.  I lost my home and my wife (girlfriend then) lost her home - both completely destroyed.  I will always remember what a wonderful sight, the Red Cross food truck was, as it came though regularly - with a friendly face handing out hot meals and bottled water to us when we needed it most.  What a great Organization!  I get a tear in my eye thinking about it.  Hurricane Andrew was a once in a lifetime event that I wish I could have skipped.

hurricane-andrew-nhc-radar.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have added additional radar loops to include Puerto Rico....The latest models are looking worse for Florida...I went out and bought 8 additional cases of water...I also tested both my portable generators...Filling up my gas containers tomorrow....I was yelling at my command for not sending a bunch of us to Texas...It appears as if it was a good decision...If we take a direct hit from this monster we will be the ones requiring assistance...Good luck everyone!!

11 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

Ummmmmm.   Florida and NC seem to be high probabilities.  If NC, we're in the bulls eye.  Sheesh.  

Nag, let's grab the boats and head West . . . now.

Man, I can't get a break this year.

8 hours ago, Nag Juice said:

Man, I can't get a break this year.

Your not alone.  I just got done last week repairing from flooding from Matthew...

and I'm right about where that orange dot is ...

IMG_3201.GIF

This 5 am update is insane.

This could very well be a gulf storm if this continues. If it stays as is, I wouldn't even know where people would evacuate to.  All of Florida is getting it. 

Thanks for this thread Bubba! 

Let's all pray the 5 day cone keeps pushing Irma south. With the lack of a front pushing eastward on the mainland and the Atlantic high being so far north, there's no telling where she may drift. I'm going to stay prepared & go inland with the 18HPX if she's heading this way. Don't wait til the last minute to pay your homeowners insurance!!

Someone is going to get a bad piece of this one In The US if I had to guess.

People are getting crazy around here on the west coast.

Long way out but as I posted earlier at that latitude there are few escape routes for this storm not to have impacts on a US coastline.

My water, propane and other prep doesn't go bad. My gut said get ready 2 days ago..

I hope I'm wrong.

recent projections of the right turn after impacting Cuba is bad news for us in FL.    Here in East Central Fl. today Home Depot and grocery stores were full.. everyone I saw had cases of water.  Glad people are preparing... still, gonna be a stressful week.  Stay safe everyone.