WTB Pathfinder 2000V or 1900V

JWalk

Hi Gents - A good friend sent me to this site and I am happy to join!  I am looking for a clean 2000V or 1900V with 4 stroke power and lower hours.  It can definitely be older to help on price, I'm just looking for something clean and preferably indoor stored or at least under full cover.  Man is there a lot of junk out there!  I am in SW Florida.  Please message me if you have anything.  Thank you!  

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL.  I have found more than a few! Prices are stupid for condition though.  I just saw your post for the one listed by sctiger.  That looks like a nice one and was a normal price.  That is few and far between I'm afraid...  

Hewesyourdaddy - where are you located?  I have 3 lined up to look at in person today and this weekend - two 1900's and a 2000.  If they don't work for me and my budget, I'm happy to forward them on to you if interested.  Maybe they will suit your needs if you are around here.  I'm down by Marco Island, FL  

You mean the 1900 listed on here in Naples?  I saw that it but it's too expensive for me.  If it didn't need anything, it would have sold already, and I can't afford to pay top dollar and then put more in it.  You are a long ways but if I come across anything between here and there I'll shoot it to you.  

5 hours ago, JWalk said:

You mean the 1900 listed on here in Naples?  I saw that it but it's too expensive for me.  If it didn't need anything, it would have sold already, and I can't afford to pay top dollar and then put more in it.  You are a long ways but if I come across anything between here and there I'll shoot it to you.  

What's it need? 

I have not seen that boat!!!  I'm simply guessing that if it were really good it would be long gone, in my experience.  Otherwise the price is too steep for me personally for that boat. I don't know what anyone else is willing to do but I am only willing to pay top dollar for something that is truly turn-key, and preferably with a few less years on her.  I'm on way out of town to look at others but I have a buddy who may call and go take a look this weekend if it's still around.  I'll report back with any information if that happens.  There are also a lot of 22's coming out left and right for great prices, so I may move up and make things easy on myself.  Tight lines guys!  John-

• 4 weeks later...

Still looking if anyone has any leads on a clean one.  I'm willing to travel for the right boat.  I was real close on a couple of flats boats and also a 22' Pathfinder, but the 19' or 20' Pathy with 4 stroke power is really what I need, so I am back to that being my focus.  If anyone has any possibilities please PM me.  I am a quick and easy cash buyer for the right boat, looking to buy immediately.

You guys like the Opti?  I will admit I know nothing about them, and have only ever owned Yamaha.  Always been perfect motors for me, so it would be hard for me to branch out.  I don't know why that one would have been re-powered in only a few years, and low hours over the following 10 years, but I'm sure there is some explanation.  I assume it also started out with a Yamaha, so interesting swap. I don't think any Pathfinders started out with Mercs but I could be wrong.  Boat does look nice though. 

2 hours ago, JWalk said:

You guys like the Opti?  I will admit I know nothing about them, and have only ever owned Yamaha.  Always been perfect motors for me, so it would be hard for me to branch out.  I don't know why that one would have been re-powered in only a few years, and low hours over the following 10 years, but I'm sure there is some explanation.  I assume it also started out with a Yamaha, so interesting swap. I don't think any Pathfinders started out with Mercs but I could be wrong.  Boat does look nice though. 

150 Opti is great engine.  Fuel efficient, Much more power, Quite and no need to change oil. I'll also mention half the moving parts of a four stroke.  I wouldn't shy away from that Opti at all.  

4 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

150 Opti is great engine.  Fuel efficient, Much more power, Quite and no need to change oil. I'll also mention half the moving parts of a four stroke.  I wouldn't shy away from that Opti at all.  

If I could hit the "like this" button 20 times on what you just said, I would.  It also amazes me how much people pay for a 4 stroke service/oil change.  I had a friend of mine pay $700+ for a spark plug change, oil change, and "inspection" on his Yamaha F150. I told him before he took it in that I would do all of it for the cost of beer and fellowship. He said he felt like an outboard mechanic needed to do the work. I just gave him a WTF look and called him an idiot. 

16 hours ago, JWalk said:

I did indeed - and thanks for posting.  I'm really wanting 4-stroke (and Yamaha power too).

I'm almost certain that's the same  boat that was for sale in Miami when I was looking. Spoke to owner a lot about it and was very close to buying it except I wasn't crazy about the optimax either. I pretty much agree with these guys, it would be a great combo...prob the best matched motor for that hull. I just wasn't familiar with them. 

If you are set on a 4 stroke, you might wanna nix the 1900 and focus on the 20. I've said it a bunch in here but per the guys at MBC they quit making the 1900 cause Yamaha quit making 2 strokes.  

Archived