Pathfinder 2500 Hybrid Build

bw1199

My dream bay boat is nearing completion and I couldn't be more excited. I had planned to buy something last year but at the same time was trying to add a family member! My wife and I decided to wait till after the baby arrived so needless to say I spent the past year researching, looking at, and pricing most every bay boat in the 23-26' range.

I decided that the Pathfinder 2500 Hybrid had the best layout for me and my needs and has an outstanding company behind it. I got most every option you could ever need for serious fishing but here are the main ones: Mercury Verado 350 (yes you read that right!!!), twin 10' power poles, motorguide trolling motor, leaning post livewell, simrad electronics, jl audio speakers, etc.

Since there is already a few build threads I figured I would wait till it was closer to delivery before starting a thread. The build started on May 22 and was delivered to the dealer late yesterday June 12. The dealer spent the day going over everything and should hopefully be dropping it off at Quality T Tops tomorrow to have a custom half tower/stand thru t-top built, then its back to the dealer for final electronics rigging. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the month but won't be shocked if it's early July.

Congrats ! I am jealous, I have another 4 weeks before mine is to be delivered. Please post performances numbers when you get her in the water. I really wanted to go with the 350 but my dealer is just too good and they don't service Merc's. 

On 6/18/2017 at 5:53 PM, lotsofknots said:

Sweet looking ride!!!!!   Curious why you went with the mercury????   Enjoy the build and we look forward to updates and more photos

If you aint first, you're last! I spent many years fishing bass tournaments before converting to saltwater so going fast and maxing out the allowable hp is what everyone does.

All my previous boats were used and just so happened to have Mercury's on them so I wanted to stick with what I knew. If I had to choose a 300 I would have gone Yamaha though. The Mercury is also fly by wire which is easier when rigging the tower.

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, progress has been slower than I expected/hoped for. Upper control box is about done, hard top is almost done, and the frame is soon to be all welded together. Hoping it gets finished up and heads home next weekend. I know I'm excited and the wife is tired of me buying fishing gear instead of out fishing! Lol

521557083.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I put a little over 10 hours on it this weekend including a trip about 25 miles offshore in the gulf. Handled the 1-2' chop perfect, didn't ever have to come off the throttle at 30 mph.

It was a 10-15 mph cross wind but on the way back and in a semi protected channel I hit 57 at 6200 rpm with a 19P Mercury Enertia prop. It cruised at about 28-30 mph and 3700-3900 rpm. I had a full livewell, 38 gallons of gas, 2 people, and gear. I'm getting the prop switched out this weekend and will report back. Hoping to bring the rpm's at cruise down a tad and top end up (i hope). I think once its propped right I might touch 60 in good conditions.

20170805_183722.png

FB_IMG_1502138292527.jpg

20170803_165446.jpg

IMG_20170801_204411_153.jpg

Archived