Biscayne Bay

Scott Deal

Lots of areas they are proposing to close off are unreasonable!!! There were 5 alternatives presented at the public meetings months ago... The park officials gave a presentation based on BS scientific data that had absolutely no validity and was self contradicting.

It,s your neck of the woods. Can you find the crazy map with the so called buffer zones and other restricted areas. I have seen it but can't find it now. Yea we all have heard about the marine reserve, but it appeared as they had a bunch of access denial areas on the map.

I'm sure you have probably seen it as well.

It,s your neck of the woods. Can you find the crazy map with the so called buffer zones and other restricted areas. I have seen it but can't find it now. Yea we all have heard about the marine reserve, but it appeared as they had a bunch of access denial areas on the map.

I'm sure you have probably seen it as well.

Funny you mention that... I was presenting this to a local fishing club a couple of weeks ago and when I went to pull up the charts from the Park's website, they already took them down. I will see what I can dig up this evening. There was only 1 alternative that would be "dooms day" for inshore fisherman, but I think there were 3 of them that would close off a large area of reef off of Elliot Key to dedicate them as a "marine sanctuary".

When will they understand that closure is not management? Pole and troll zones are rediculous in the Bay... those getting grounded are not fisherman like me and you. There is no bonefish roundup taking place at the Arsenickers. Bonefishing doesn't work like that. Most of the people damaging the resource are pleasure boaters who either have no clue how to navigate the waters properly or are misled by the lack of signage. On top of that, even if areas are proposed restrictred, there will likely still be a lack of enforcement.

Copy That,

The thing that people are mislead about is when they talk about the percentage of closed area.

Kind of like California, the claimed small percentage they closed out there accounts for 85% of the areas that people actually catch fish.

They know darn good and well that 100% of the park is not productive to fishing. I wish they would do a survey to show the truth. It might show only 20% of the park has productive fishing. Taking 10% of that might just appear a little more alarming. "Ya think" :/

• 3 weeks later...

me too! who would create laws like that? not a boat/fishing enthusiast for sure. They can adopt others methods to control fishery and care for the bay.

why are the marine engine manufactures expending great amount of money and resources in new technology to meet new emission control standards if local governments won allow the use in some of our water. :confused:

• 1 month later...

Archived