Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dabear

Today Friday fish report Ruskin area

6 posts in this topic

Dirty water pretty good tide and lots of small snook everywhere from Apollo beach area to Bahia beach Simmons park area. First day all week it didn't rain in this area . Joe R

How was the grass? The Simmons to Apollo Beach flat, grass was sparse last time I was there, a vast change from what it was last year. No Redfish? They've had lockjaw for me in the past few months. 

Hurricane no reds last week we got a couple small reds but today we did not ever see a red. Grand daughter got a flounder and small snapper but mostly snook. Water is super dirty from all the rain . Reds should show up soon. Joe R

1 person likes this

Lots of grass floating in Bay Pines / Johns Pass area. Didn't have much luck. Couldn't find good bait with the net but glad to have gotten out. Couple dink trout and some catfish ¬¬

On 6/9/2017 at 4:39 PM, dabear said:

Dirty water pretty good tide and lots of small snook everywhere from Apollo beach area to Bahia beach Simmons park area. First day all week it didn't rain in this area . Joe R

Been tough. Rain, wind and tons of grass up my way. We went from being on fire around here to flooding rains. Has been a very special spring to say the least. The fish around me are on the beach. No can fish them with this weather.

Had the day off yesterday and went to the Little Manatee river by myself. Fishing is good for the Soul. The water was still dirty without the floating grass.  there was no tide movement all day which made things tougher. I fished, listened to some music and ended up with snapper and some small snook similar to Dabear.