85 BoneFisher

Stauter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Finally got around to installing the seadek.

Decided to go with Camel over Mocha.

Tyler at Castaway Customs did a great job with the template and the install was super easy, just peel and stick.

Redfish and Speck on poling platform, Tarpon and Logo on casting platform. Ruler on forward deck comes in handy.

Biggest surprise was how much quieter the boat is. Gonna do the floor in the faux teak and holly next.

1338074601-IMG_1945.jpg.09963ac463abae8b

1338074588-IMG_1944.jpg.2a18145d621e6f7c

Awesome Stauter,

I am in the process of building a new conference room off our office and the boardroom tables I ordered are very similar to your timber finish gunnels.

Now everytime I look at them I think about your boat and know where I would rather be. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I am curious about that engine and performance too. Just bought a boat recently with a blown evinrude ficht v6, that had just recently died(last year).

Previous owner said the engine lasted 9 yrs and was supposedly a great engine while it ran. I just know that they don't have much retail or resale value because of their problematic history. However, was still pondering a rebuild(about 3K) as a opposed to new engine and rigging $$$$.

Wasn't my first choice in motors but have to say I have been impressed. Tops out at 50.4 mph (GPS). Running a power tech ptc4 18 pitch. Had it drilled for the mercury vent plugs. Run 2 large & 2 med. plugs. Motor is raised to the bottom mounting hole. Excellent hole shot. Can maintain plane at 12mph. Cruises with 2 people and gear at 28 mph turning 3000 rpm.

One note motor is sensitive to carbon build up. Run xd100 oil or use a carbon cleaner. I prefer quicksilver quickleen

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived