2013 18 redfisher

cdmoore91

21 hours ago, MPFit said:

Yup. I've got 80 and it can move. Wouldn't go less, and honestly wouldn't go more (would require 36v).

awesome thanks! where are your trolling motor batteries mounted? i already have two inside my console. one cranking battery and one strictly for my stereo. i know i will need two batteries for my T.M. don't know if 4 batteries will be to much or if i should just add one more battery and run my stereo off the same battery as my T.M

I put my trolling motor batteries in the console and the starting battery in the rear starboard compartment. I also run all my electronics off the starting battery. Instead of adding a backup battery, I use a little lithium starter called a PowerAll Deluxe I got from NAPA. It's amazingly powerful and can start a diesel truck with a dead battery! An outboard is no biggie. 

On 6/11/2017 at 11:21 AM, Drummer said:

I put my trolling motor batteries in the console and the starting battery in the rear starboard compartment. I also run all my electronics off the starting battery. Instead of adding a backup battery, I use a little lithium starter called a PowerAll Deluxe I got from NAPA. It's amazingly powerful and can start a diesel truck with a dead battery! An outboard is no biggie. 

Putting the cranking battery in the rear compartment doesn't affect the performance any? I only have the 115 on my boat. It's not a rocket ship out of the hole by any means.  I also use that storage compartment for my tackle bag. The power pole pump is mounted in that compartment too.

would three batteries inside my console be too much? 

22 hours ago, cdmoore91 said:

Putting the cranking battery in the rear compartment doesn't affect the performance any? I only have the 115 on my boat. It's not a rocket ship out of the hole by any means.  I also use that storage compartment for my tackle bag. The power pole pump is mounted in that compartment too.

would three batteries inside my console be too much? 

I use group 27 batteries for my trolling motor and a group 24 for starting/components. I also have a shelf in the console I use to stash stuff in dry boxes. I am not sure I could fit it all under the console with another battery in there.  Regarding the starboard rear compartment: I have a 2 stroke, so my oil reservoir, power pole pump, and group 24 starting battery live in there. As well as my fuel/water separator. It's tight, but it works. I honestly don't believe having a battery in there will alter your performance any. Use your trim tabs to level things out if you need to, and also use them to improve hole shot. I really love 2 strokes because of the instant power...  but the fuel economy is not the best. 

25 minutes ago, M.A. said:

I have a cranking battery, and one of the batteries for my 24v trolling motor under my console, and the other battery for the cranking motor in the forward hatch. Balances the boat out nice.

Optima%20014-M.png

That was going to be my next question, if anyone has put a battery in the storage compartment under the bow. Plenty of room in there.

i bought this boat used and the previous owner never used a trolling motor. I need to get another battery and a onboard charger. 

Any recomendations for onboard chargers?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived