Test run with new prop.

AFE CUMMINS 6.7

The prop just takes 5 minutes to change.  I'm curious as to why they would not try changing the prop before anything else.  This would identify if the motor can spin up to 6000 rpm. If the motor is not able to spin up to 6k, then diagnosis from there, but if it can get up to 6k, then it's probably a propping issue, not a motor issue. On another note I'm now curious about running a higher octane fuel or using an octane booster.    

Update.......Yamaha has told marina I have to run 93 octane to raise the rpm's so they are going to try this and see. I have never heard of something so ridiculous!

That is absolutely the dumbest thing I have ever heard.....I'd like to know the name of the person as Yamaha that told you that........Octane won't solve your problem.....

4 hours ago, AFE CUMMINS 6.7 said:

The prop just takes 5 minutes to change.  I'm curious as to why they would not try changing the prop before anything else.  This would identify if the motor can spin up to 6000 rpm. If the motor is not able to spin up to 6k, then diagnosis from there, but if it can get up to 6k, then it's probably a propping issue, not a motor issue. On another note I'm now curious about running a higher octane fuel or using an octane booster.    

Totally agree, can't understand why they haven't done this first and seem to damnce around the question

Archived