Hewes Scam?

HewesYourDaddy

Did you call? If you get someone, might be legit... but you prob won't. As detailed as reel loco rebuild thread was, I doubt he'd post one pic. Or sell for that...

If it is a scam, I don't understand this type of "scam". I run into similar ads often, even more so with campers it seems. What are they trying to get? Do people actually send $ without talking to someone or seeing the actual item? Or are they looking to hack you or something? 

A few years back, I replied to a 18' MA super deal in Cocoa Bch area on Craig's list. The guy only wanted to correspond by text and wanted me to send him $500 money order to hold the boat until the weekend. He sent me a PO box to send the money to. I told him I was not sendin any money but give me an address and I could be down there in 7 hours with cash in hand if the boat looked as good as the pictures.....I tried several times to contact him again...and he quit communicating. My Dad always told me while growing up..." Son, if it sounds to good to be true...it probably is not true ". 

For sure too good to be true!

When I listed my 24TE on the forum last year, some low life took the ad  pictures and info, then was put on 3 other forums for a crazy low price. It's insane how some people think that it's a for real deal and fall for this stuff.

Jim

This IS A SCAM! Beware some scumbag stole the photo of my boat and listed it on CL. Thanks to FLDXT for alerting me. I flagged the ad on CL so hopefully they remove it before someone gets scammed.

RL

20 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

So, what's the story on this boat now? Was the rebuild done correctly? Good as new? Engine still running? Maybe I'm not understanding the cheap $6000 price tag. Lack of pictures is not helping. 

Not for sale! After three yrs of use I've had to replace the bilge pump and baitwell pump so yes I would say the rebuild was done properly LOL. Oh, and by the way, I got such a great deal she now sports a 2015 150 ProXS.

1 hour ago, Reel Loco said:

This IS A SCAM! Beware some scumbag stole the photo of my boat and listed it on CL. Thanks to FLDXT for alerting me. I flagged the ad on CL so hopefully they remove it before someone gets scammed.

RL

Not for sale! After three yrs of use I've had to replace the bilge pump and baitwell pump so yes I would say the rebuild was done properly LOL. Oh, and by the way, I got such a great deal she now sports a 2015 150 ProXS.

I hope I helped someone avoid losing any money on a scam like this. You have a fabulous looking boat and I was inquiring about this, because if it was legit and guys on here knew the story and the boat, it was worth me or someone else jumping on a great deal. I think you actually made the boat worth more when you put the Pro XS on it instead of a Yamahog. ;)

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:56 AM, HewesYourDaddy said:

I hope I helped someone avoid losing any money on a scam like this. You have a fabulous looking boat and I was inquiring about this, because if it was legit and guys on here knew the story and the boat, it was worth me or someone else jumping on a great deal. I think you actually made the boat worth more when you put the Pro XS on it instead of a Yamahog. ;)

Thank you HYD!

Archived