Suzuki 140 or 150?

Dr. Pepper

Im looking to repower my 1992 Hewes Redfisher 18. Its rated for up to a 150 HP engine but someone had mentioned that i would potentially get better benefit from the 140. The 140 is about 100lbs. lighter which may give me better top end speed, draw less water, and save me about 1000 bucks.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this; or can anyone weigh in on the validity of the previous assertions?

140 for sure; it's the best '115' motor in the market. I'm actually planning the exact same repower on my RF 18 when the time comes. Save the extra cash, and weight, and spend it on getting the right prop dialed in and I'm sure you won't miss the extra 10hp.

On 5/29/2017 at 9:43 AM, MPFit said:

140 for sure; it's the best '115' motor in the market. I'm actually planning the exact same repower on my RF 18 when the time comes. Save the extra cash, and weight, and spend it on getting the right prop dialed in and I'm sure you won't miss the extra 10hp.

Yea thats what Im thinking right now too. Just want to be sure im not missing anything or will later regret not having a 150 on there for some reason. I really like the Tahatsu 150 too but think i will go with the Suzuki 140. Thanks for your reply.

4 hours ago, MPFit said:

I think all tohatsu over 90hp are rebranded Honda no? Thought I read that some where but not sure.

Yup, you're exactly right....even the parts inside are cover in Honda lables. Someone i would trust told me it is the best 150 out there now, all things considered.

Archived