^%$#&* Wind!!!

nicecast

I feel like it's been windy for three years. But seriously, my question is why forecasters are so consistently wrong about it?!?! Happens all the time that predicted winds of 0-5 end up being steady 10-15!

Just venting a bit, but I really would love to know if anyone has any theories or knowledge of why it's been so windy, and why wind seems to be so hard for meteorologists to predict!

I don't know but it's howling down here. My wife was just saying the same thing this morning. Our fishing trips lately have been more running for cover than anything else. I guess the good thing is it forces you out of your comfort zone and fish new spots just to stay out of it. 

I swear that NC is windier than any state I've ever lived in, and that includes TX, FL, VA.   I fished the Pamlico Sound, and as huge as that body of water is, there are virtually no tides.  EVERYTHING is dependant on the wind - no wind, no water movement, no water movement, no bite.  I started out hating the wind, but after a year, I had a new appreciation for it.  Windy shorelines, or better, windy points, can be incredibly productive if you can stand the bobbing around.  

Having said that, even with a new appreciation for it, I still groan when I see it.  it does make everything more difficult.  I use the wind finder app, and it seems to be at least better than the regular forecasts.  I haven't tried wind alert, but may give it a shot.  

BTW, gonna be blowing like crazy tomorrow. . . I'm still going out.   To hell with it, fish have gotta eat!

Troy, you are right.  I totally sissied out on that one.   As if that wasn't bad enough, when I went up to inform my 13 year old daughter that the trip was cancelled due to the conditions, I found her:

- up, fully dressed, and ready to go (4:30 a.m.), 

- immediately in tears over the prospect of the trip being cancelled

- begging me to go anyway

Yeah, bad enough to be a sissy, worse when your daughter is more of a man than you are!

Archived