Freedom2Fish - red snappper

johnboy114

Wasn't sure if this had been posted over on this forum, but feel that is important enough to post to make as many aware as possible.  Freedom2Fish is an "anglers' advocacy organization designed to disseminate information to Amercian recreational anglers, legislators, as well as the general public about why our recreational fishing seasons are almost nonexistent today, who is responsible for this, and to educate voters who to vote for at election time".  Below is a post taken from one of the creators post in a thread on the hulltruth that gives a better understanding:

"Our intention is to somehow create a membership or other mechanism to bring everyone together and generate a sustainable fundability for this organization. We are meeting with other 501 C's who have already formed to gain a better understanding of what models are successful at continuing success. I will tell you this, they are very excited for us and believe we as a group of fishermen on the Gulf Coast have been wronged and have a humongous case to build here that will generate support.

We will have a long-term strategy plan to defend our rights each and every one of us for access to the Gulf of Mexico resources. Our plan is to have an official charter document out within a week or so to share. Beyond that, hopefully within a month or so we will have specific strategies in place with goals and objectives to accomplish towards our overall charter and strategy. We are volunteers and have full-time jobs just like all of you, so any help that you all do especially commenting and keeping this going in the public's eye is of incredible value. We cannot under state that value. We will also need functional support, so any of you who have a technical specialty that might be a benefit to our organization please PM me and let me know what that may be and how you can help. We are not going to advertise for technical specialty roles.

Red snapper are the initial domino in a long chain that will lead to a complete takeover of the Gulf of Mexico Fisheries. Trump wants to build a wall on the Mexican border to keep illegal immigrants an illicit activity out, however; NOAA/NMFS and their Gulf Council want to build a wall at the state and federal waters to keep all fishermen out. As we have said before this is the Sentinel fight of our time and warrants a complete and dedicated focus on ending this madness!

This organization is coming together very fast and is generating power already. We will be dedicated to this fight will use all funds wisely, and we will not give up or give in. "

Links to the gofundme page, hulltruth post lining out what freedom2fish is and their webpage which isn't quite up:

https://www.gofundme.com/taking-back-the-gulf-fishery

http://www.thehulltruth.com/gulf-coast/844071-freedom2fish-501c-front-line-battle-recreational-fishermen.html

http://www.freedom2fish.org/

It would be great to see the something the partnership of Scott Deal/Johnny Morris get behind this as well as other manufacturers/businesses.  Please take time and do your research and make a contribution.   

There already is an organization doing just this, Coastal Conservation Association.  The problem, as I see it, is that the recreational fishing community is too fractured with groups like these.  Don't get me wrong...I have no problem with more groups getting involved with correcting the disfunctional system however to Tallahassee or Washington they are just a small blip on their radar.  

Recreational fishing needs one "major" voice, and I think CCA could be that voice.  If CCA had the membership of the NRA, we would not be in our current situation.  

Thank you to Maverick, Bass Pro, and the many other industry leaders for their support in our efforts.

12 hours ago, Tails Up said:

... Recreational fishing needs one "major" voice and I think CCA could be that voice.  If CCA had th membership of NRA we would not be in our current situation....  

Well said. One "major" voice is absolutely correct, especially since one major voice equals one major pot of money to contribute to political campaigns.

As a NRA member I feel comfortable saying that fear of having rights taken or infringed upon drives membership. If fisherman were as worried about losing their rights, privilege is probably more appropriate in this case, the CCA would be a major force to reckoned with. In a totally backwards way I was a little excited about  the proposed Biscayne National Park closures a couple years ago and the incredibly restrictive Florida Bay proposals for this very reason. People usually don't act until threatened.

14 hours ago, Tails Up said:

There already is an organization doing just this, Coastal Consrvation Association.  The problem as I see it is that the recreational fishing community is too fractured with groups like these.  Don't get me wrong I have no problem with more groups getting involved with correcting the disfunctional system however to Tallahassee or Washington they are just a small blip on their radar.  

Recreational fishing needs one "major" voice and I think CCA could be that voice.  If CCA had th membership of NRA we would not be in our current situation.  

Thank you to Maverick, Bass Pro and th many other industry leaders for their support in our efforts.

There are in fact a few organizations, in addition to CCA, that are very active in protecting the fisheries and access to fish them.  Certainly dont forget the Snook and Gamefish Foundation and others.  http://snookfoundation.org/

20 minutes ago, Limitless said:

There are in fact a few organizations, in addition to CCA, that are very active in protecting the fisheries and access to fish them.  Certainly dont forget the Snook and Gamefish Foundation and others.  http://snookfoundation.org/

This is a great example.  Many believe that the CCA has done enough on this battle front.  Freedom2fish from what I understand is looking to be the chord that links recreational for one voice.  Just to be clear, I don't have any involvement in this organization was just passing it along.  There are others out there that know a great deal about this situation and CCAs involvement.   

Too many different groups that for what ever reason can't seem to get on the same page. FRA, RFA, CCA, FGA, ASA, and now another one.

It is going to take numbers in the form of dollars and it will have to come from the people and the associated fishing industry. Right now these groups are all getting a fraction of the dollars to make a difference. We are playing politics here and money to lobby is where it's at.

Take a close look at how the commercial fisherman have gotten their piece of the pie. They organized and lobbied for it.

We have been fighting the Feds starting back in 2005 with all these groups. We have gained nothing but certainly lost a lot.:(

Archived