New stealing trend in Miami

flatsdoctor

In the last 6 years I had my tailgate stolen while at the dentist at 2 pm across from Dadeland Mall, then a month later they stole the truck and wrecked it.  My golf clubs were stolen from my driveway a night my wife didn't lock the car. Last Thanks Giving they on my driveway, got in my Truck, found a set of keys to my wife's car, stole it, hit someone and run (police were looking for me, I'm glad I had already reported it stolen) later totalled it.

Now I wake up to find this

CD881625-EDB1-402F-867B-65446BB6D4E0_zps

they stole my chrome radiator grill  !!

The truck was still locked and the Horn was disconnected so that the alarm wouldn't sound and the hood was open. 

No doubt you're grill will be on someone's insurance repair in the near future. Unfortunately there is a booming market for "black market" auto parts, and the way people drive down here... well you know the rest. Sorry to hear man. 

Theres some land available down here in the Redlands. 

Had 3 cars stolen and 2 attempts in less than a year in 2005, in the Homestead area. 2006 I left, after living there most of my life, 30 years. Moved to Tampa, and have never looked back. I've had one skateboard stolen and someone went through my wife's car once, she left it unlocked, been here over 10 years. 

I loved growing up there, Homestead and the Redlands was great place 30 years ago.  When I was a kid, I had a good ole 3 wheeler ATC. We would ride the streets west till we hit the edge of the glades, run the levies all the way to the Tamiami Trail.  Spend the day mudding in a field, fish and swim in all the canals. The deadbolt lock on my house was broken for at least 10 years when I was a kid, my dad never felt the need to fix it.  The Keys are right there, short trip to Flamingo, was a great place to live for living outdoors. 

I know Tampa has its crime too, but it just doesn't seem to be in your face as much as it is in Miami. 

Sorry to see that, Doc. But that's not a new trend.....it's called MIAMI!!!}:( 

I was born there. And it's a shame how the city has morphed into what it is today. I won't go into Dade county unless I absolutely must do so, which hasn't been for over 2 years.  

Redlands aren't much safer; I've known two people that have been home invaded & robbed by a truckload full of thugs. Clients of mine had both their vehicles, rv & boat stolen all in the same night there.

Pompano Beach isn't much safer so I'll be building a barndominium in the sticks of central FL somewhere off a dirt road as soon as my son graduates high school in a few years.

No way I would last that long over there with all of that. Im sorry you have to deal with all of those low lives..

Heck I had a few tarpon rods stolen out of my garage last year and that was pretty much enough motivation for me to move to a nicer neighborhood. I can't imagine if i had a boat or vehicle stolen..

5 hours ago, conocean said:

Sorry to see that, Doc. But that's not a new trend.....it's called MIAMI!!!}:( 

By new trend I meant the grille. The other stuff I'm already familiar with.

We have a place in Bonita Springs and It's a different world. We leave the place unlocked, bikes out, Fishing tackle and we even leave the place for weeks at a time and nothing was ever stolen in 10 years.

Not too familiar with Miami but have lived in the Tampa Bay area my entire life and have ALWAYS dealt with theft. Too many incidents to mention but the last major one was coming back to the Gandy Boat Ramp back in the late 2000s, both key/lock cylinders were popped out of my doors and everything inside my truck was gone:  Garmin hand held GPS, nice dive watch, briefcase, clothes, change from ashtray, etc.  Could have cried.  Three forms of law enforcement at that ramp and still done in broad daylight.

I have lived in Dade County my whole life. Yes it happens, yes it's happening more, but it does happen all over. I have family all over the state and Georgia. Theives are everywhere.  My uncle had both his cars stolen out of his driveway (same time) on Wilmington Island Savannah Georgia.  My brother has had tackle and GPS stolen off his boat on Little Gasparilla Island.  My sisters house was broken into Tampa Bay! My pontoon fuel tank was stolen in the middle of nowhere Highlands County!  Knock on wood I have not had a single problem since moving to my current neighborhood and I drive the most stolen truck in the country Ford F-250,350

Here are the names of several very good and proven security systems :  Smith & Wesson , Ruger, Browning, Daniel Defense, Colt....etc. The main difference between a home alarm and a precision firearm is.... when the thief hears the alarm, they run.....when the firearm goes off....they can't.

I wish more folks had this attitude.  I am all for gun control - put a gun in the hands of every American who earns or has earned their living and encourage them to use it.  Watch how fast crime rates drop.  Seems like everyone these days would rather pay than chase these guys down and end this.   

All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to remain silent.. . Or something like that.

I'm all about bearing arms, especially in order to protect myself. And I'm always prepared to wake up to a bad situation in the middle of the night. But it's such a shame that it has to be this way in south FL. I guess we can all move away from most of the thieves but none of us will ever escape all of them.

Archived