Different style windshield

fishcast

I've seen a few videos online of people with some lower profile pathfinder windshields etc.  just wondering if there's a good place to buy something like that or if it's all custom ordered and what price could look like? Also if anyone tried it how did you like a lower profile windshield.  I definitely don't mind the stock one but my height is just such that the bar kinda blocks my vision and then once the windshield gets wet my visibility decreases for sure 

I had the same issue with the grab bar/top of windshield on my 22 foot Pathfinder being directly in my line of sight all the time.  So...I trimmed the windshield and cut down the grab bar. A fairly easy job, but I have done work with plex before.  First I decided where to make the cut, removed the windshield, covered the windshield anywhere the saw base would touch the plex with blue painter's tape, marked it, clamped the windshield to a workbench and made the cut carefully with a fine tooth blade/battery powered circular saw.  Wet sanded the cut edge with 400 grit, then polished the edge.  I used a stainless steel pipe cutter to make clean cuts on the grab bar, and cut down the bar without removing it...working slowly and carefully. Rubber furniture tips covered the cut edges. The boat is a 2002 model. I made the mod about three years ago, and wondered why I waited so long! It's not for everyone, but certainly worked for me.

Windshield 1.JPG

Windshield 2.JPG

Archived