Tested a bravo 25xs on a maverick 21!

linesider 159

Let a buddy test my 25 bravo xs on his master angler 21. It has a jackplate, trolling motor, no platform or Powerpole.

The boat has a 250 pro xs on it and he hit 69 mph with a tailwind, 3/4 fuel, etc. 66-67 consistently in the heat today. Handling and such was great. He said it was like a new boat. 

Figured I would share. 

What is the difference between all the Bravos that are out now?  Is it just porting and hub length, XS 8 and FS 4, or is blade shape different?  Also how do they compare to a regular Bravo 1?

I know the ProXS is stronger on the top than my Yamaha but a Maverick setup like my Hewes usually runs a pitch lower. I have tried a stock Bravo 1 22" and was right on the money for rpm/pitch  and there was no way I could come close to swinging a 25".  I know when I ran the Bravo 1 it was not bad but did not impress me so I am guessing there has to be some pretty good change in the prop. 

Correct. The xs has 8 ports (xs for two stroke pro xs), the FS ( four stroke) w 4 ports. Both have shorter barrels and are balanced at the merc racing. No different between these two other than the number of ports. Forgot if they do anything else. 

They also have the bravo 1 LT now, which denotes "long tube". Not really sure how this differs from a standard bravo 1 as I haven't looked it up yet

• 1 month later...

Archived