2300 HPS / F300

On 5/18/2017 at 2:03 PM, mulligan said:

That would be Josh B.

Without stepping on his toes and with my foggy brain I want to say a Rev4 was the best all around prop with the 300.

Sorry, I'm just finding this post now.... that was me. 

I had a 2013 23 HPS with F300. I did have a 3 blade 25 Pitch Yamaha M1 that got 67.8 mph but it was a dogggggg out of the hole and overall performance, turning, etc. sucked bad. It was good for hauling the mail if you had a long run to make. 

For overall performance, the best prop I found was the Rev 4 in 23 (you were right Rick!). It performed great all the way around. I got 65 mph with that prop, which I thought was fantastic for a 4 blade. It would still jump up good and handled great. I tried various other props, but that one was the best by far.

In regards to the F300 vs 250 SHO. My current 2016 23 HPS I got the 250 SHO, basically because I was running out of money and didn't want to pay the difference. The 250 SHO is a great motor, definitely has more torque out of the hole and jumps up faster. However, I do miss the quietness of the F300 and it was slightly better on MPG and had great mid and high end performance. And the electronic shifting... man that was my favorite part. Quiet, easy, smooth as butter. 

Both great motors, if money wasn't an issue I would get the F300 next time.

Josh B.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived