2300 HPS / F300

Dino,

I already bought one in January.

57 minutes ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

One of our members had a 23 with a 300hp, but sold it and bought another 23 with a 250. If I remember correctly, there was no advantage with the 300 and the speeds were about the same. I'm looking for his screen name.

SCFD,

I see that now. I do like all the fly by wire stuff.

I'm just looking for some prop info. I have run two different wheels so far and they both ***. I have a Bravo 1 LS and an OFX 4 ordered and hopefully one will work.

1 hour ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

One of our members had a 23 with a 300hp, but sold it and bought another 23 with a 250.

That would be Josh B.

Without stepping on his toes and with my foggy brain I want to say a Rev4 was the best all around prop with the 300.

Thanks Mulligan! I PM'd Josh and you are correct. I have a little bit different set up (hard top) than he had but I'm going to try the REV 4. I already have a call into Ken at Prop Gods and my next call will be BBlades.

I swore I wasn't going to do the prop dance with another boat but here we go again! I hate spending all that $$$ on a boat, then you have to spend more time and $$$, to get the performance you paid for....

I'll post up some numbers when I get all the props in and run them.

Thanks for the help SCFD & Mulligan    

• 2 weeks later...

We went out Monday and ran the prop in the swamp. I couldn’t believe we are so close on the first prop. The numbers might even get better in saltwater.

The boat had all the weight in it, along with 50 gals of fuel, except for fishing gear. I’m rigged a little heavy with 5 batteries in the console, hard top, 2 10’ blades, etc.

Mercury Revolution 4 20P

6000 RPM

Jack Plate up 5”

62.5 MPH

Cruise:

4100 RPM

Jack Plate up 5”

41 MPH

3.8 MPG (yes, its unbelievable, but true)

This prop really woke up the beast!

I’m close enough for now! I would imagine, we could probably squeak out a little more performance but I’ll run this wheel until I rash it up, then I’ll send it out for some love.

Thanks for everyone’s help (Josh B; you’re the man!).   

AFE Cummins

Great video and great speed. Looks like Charlotte Harbor but I never seen it that calm...

I spun a SWS 19p but could only get 6000 rpm lightly loaded. I'm not a fan of the SWS or any other Yamaha prop, let alone the fact that they are expensive and almost impossible to get. I know I can probably get a little more out of my current setup; just need to add some salt and a little more seat time. For me, the speed was just a performance goal. I don't tournament fish anymore and just mostly fun fish with the family and hang out at the sandbar. What really impresses me is the mid range speed / MPG at cruise. That's where I'll run 80% of the time anyway.   

Thank you on the video. You're spot on with Charlotte Harbor. The fuel efficiency on these stepped hulls are great.  I'd say about 80% of the time I'm in the midrange/cruise as well. It's nice to be able to go out for the day with only burning 15 gallons or less.  The reason I'm running the Yamaha props are because of the smooth shifts from the SDS hub. How does the Mercury prop with a flotorq hub sound when shifting in comparison?

6 minutes ago, AFE CUMMINS 6.7 said:

Thank you on the video. You're spot on with Charlotte Harbor. The fuel efficiency on these stepped hulls are great.  I'd say about 80% of the time I'm in the midrange/cruise as well. It's nice to be able to go out for the day with only burning 15 gallons or less.  The reason I'm running the Yamaha props are because of the smooth shifts from the SDS hub. How does the Mercury prop with a flotorq hub sound when shifting in comparison?

I miss fishing over there. We need to make a few trips over this summer if we can find the time. The Flowtorq isn't really that bad. I had a 150 Pro XS on my HPX and it would always bang into gear. The F300 really doesn't make any noise going in and out like you would think. Maybe its the fact that we only have 1.5 hrs on the prop / hub. Lets see how it breaks in.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:26 PM, rpthree said:

Anyone have any updated information about this topic, wondering if anyone tried 23 tempest plus, bravo or fury with yamaha 300, 23 hps 2017

I run a 25 bravo right now and have seen 65mph.  She usually can do 61-62 tournament loaded with 3 guys, wells, ice gear etc.  

I also have a 23 rev4.  It ran great but I blew the hubs 2 times in one weekend so getting a solid hub and will see what she does.  Have not tried any 3 blades. 

I have a 2017 2300 with a 300 and no T top.   

• 3 weeks later...

Afe Cummins,
I hit 6000 rpms.  Let me also preface the prop is an "XP" so merc does a bit more tuning to it than a standard Rev4.  My Pathfinder also does not have a T top.

I do have 2x powerpoles and a 36 I pilot though.

On 4/20/2018 at 7:37 AM, Wally said:

I run a 25 bravo right now and have seen 65mph.  She usually can do 61-62 tournament loaded with 3 guys, wells, ice gear etc.  

I also have a 23 rev4.  It ran great but I blew the hubs 2 times in one weekend so getting a solid hub and will see what she does.  Have not tried any 3 blades. 

I have a 2017 2300 with a 300 and no T top.   

No telling what it would do with a rhree blade!!!!  Wow....those speeds!!! 

2 hours ago, Wally said:

Afe Cummins,
I hit 6000 rpms.  Let me also preface the prop is an "XP" so merc does a bit more tuning to it than a standard Rev4.  My Pathfinder also does not have a T top.

You sound dialed in with the four blade prop.  Are you thinking a Mercury Racing Tempest Plus in 23 pitch?

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:04 AM, Wally said:

Afe Cummins,

I have an excellent condition tempest 23 I would sell for $300 if interested. I also have a mercury racing labbed promax 24, and a brand new never opened 23 bravo fs as well if anyone has any interest.

Archived