Ameratrail for a HPX V

BLawson

I am in the market for an Ameratrail for my 06 HPX V.  

Does anyone know the distance from the ground to the top of the deck (at the stern of boat near poling platform) while the boat is on the trailer?

I have a garage clearance problem with my current trailer and want to double check.  Ameratrail doesn't currently have a trailer on the lot to give me the measurements.

I can confirm that my measurement is about same as Joe's from ground to top of my power pole and 74" from ground to top of my tower.

A few things to think about.....if there's a grade going up to your garage then it could make a difference in the tower and/or power pole clearance height where the garage floor levels out when you back in the boat. How low, level or high your trailer tongue is while backing the boat into the garage can make a difference. You may have to play with your hitch height.

There is someone on this forum who posted many moons ago that they have to unhitch their trailer from their truck in order to push it into the garage due to clearance issue, I believe due to the grade leading up to the garage. My crusty burnt brain cells can't remember their screen name tho, sorry.

13 minutes ago, dabear said:

From the floor to the highest point when trailer is hooked up to my truck is 78 inches.   Joe R

Is it 78" to the top of your poling platform? 

Can you measure to the top of the deck. ? 

I am not sure all the poling platforms are the same height. 

On 5/16/2017 at 5:07 PM, conocean said:

I can confirm that my measurement is about same as Joe's from ground to top of my power pole and 74" from ground to top of my tower.

A few things to think about.....if there's a grade going up to your garage then it could make a difference in the tower and/or power pole clearance height where the garage floor levels out when you back in the boat. How low, level or high your trailer tongue is while backing the boat into the garage can make a difference. You may have to play with your hitch height.

There is someone on this forum who posted many moons ago that they have to unhitch their trailer from their truck in order to push it into the garage due to clearance issue, I believe due to the grade leading up to the garage. My crusty burnt brain cells can't remember their screen name tho, sorry.

I think if was Flireman who had the system....on how to get it in...

dc

• 1 month later...

Archived