115 SHO on 18 HPX first time out

dabear

I picked up my 18 HPX from Family Boating today after they (Curtis ) did the repower. I am not done with the break in but did get to the point that I could do a few 1 min Wide Open Throttle runs between 10 min. 3000 RPM . I have been running a F150 so I did not think I would be impressed with the hole shot . These new SHO 115 have a amazing throttle response . I was very impressed with the hole shot . Not fully broke in but did get to make a few 1 min. W.O.T. Runs and it will turn a 19 PTR 3 blade to 6300 as fast as you can trim it out and sit it on the pad. I will try my 21 PTR 3 blade next time out and will have the GPS on so I can see what kind of WOT speed the 18HPX /SHO combo has.  Joe R

Dale, I  will know how much I like it next time out with the GPS  I am never sure about the OEM speedometer . I want to put about another hour on it run the PTR 21 and play with motor height. 

Hurricane I am happy with the 115 performance that doesn't mean that if I hit a big scratch off ticket or the lotto I wouldn't want a SHO 150 with that super charger kit that Came out.  I know that this will no longer be a 62- 64 MPH boat but it will be great to start my retirement with a brand new paid for SHO 115, lots of speed limits , manatee zones , and slow speed zone , in the area I fish  plus I Like fishing more than setting up the boat.

I will post the numbers after I run the 21 prop. I have a new loomis pro series IMX rod to try out so I won't play with props the way I have in the past. The older I get the more I would rather catch a big snook than fine tune my set up for the ultimate performance . Joe R

I ran the non- vented 21 PTR 3 blade today -turned 5900-6100 RPM at 50-52 MPH . A little sluggish when it wasn't trimmed out. I am thinking that a 20 PTR 3 blade will work  great , that will be the next prop I run. While both props where in the correct RPM range the 19 had a crisp throttle and the 21 was a little sluggish at 3/4 to full throttle unless the boat was trimmed out  I think I will be running a 20 pitch vented PTR.   Joe R. 

Archived