98 Hewes LT 18 Rehab

Reel Loco

FLDXT's post on making a new switch panel could not have come at a better time as I had just ordered a new blank piece of acrylic to attempt making my new panel. Thanks to a couple of pointers from FLDXT mine came out decent. I'll have to wait until I figure out what I'm doing for decals before I clear coat it.

P1070515_zpsceb962aa.jpg

P1070529_zps276a3013.jpg

P1070532_zps329a11bf.jpg

BR,

I got the blank panel from Tap Plastics ($25.00 w/shipping) 3/16"thk. One end was damaged from the factoy (edge was all chipped on one end) Had to bevel the edges to try to remove the damage.

Found this website after ordering mine on someone else's post }:(

http://www.boatoutfitters.com/

Cost at this site for same piece 1/4"thk would have been $11.17 w/shipping :(

Due to an unthoughtful coworker who showed up at work sick last week I got to spend the last three days couped up in the (nice & cool) house with a bad head cold. Once the drugs kicked in I started making my new wiring harness.

P1070542_zps53dd3cbf.jpg

I need to stop and pick up some wet sanding paper so I can start on the center console.

RL

RL

Sounds like the LT is coming along.

It is moving along. Unfortunately my motorcycle decided to start making some clunking noises when I back off the accelerator so I've got the side plate removed and am going to remove the clutch housing to see what gives. I'm getting too old for this!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the great ideas. Think I'll check out the label makers and the colored heatshrink and use both. I checked Harborfreight/Northern Tool and DonV's website but they don't have all the colors I need. BR's website has everything I need I believe.

DC

This boat restoration has been quite the journey. Next month will have been two years since I purchased it. Most boaters have 2 days they consider the best (the day you bought it and the day you sell it), but I'll have three (the day I finish the restoration)!

RL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Murph,

Good to hear from you! I was working some more on the wiring harness last night. I'm trying to stay cool while still making progress on the LT. :)

How high did the tides get at your place during Issac?

Parts are on the way for the bike. Altogether about $450 which isn't too bad after putting 20,000 miles on it.

Now get out there and terrorize those fish!

RL

Hey RL,

The water only got about 6" to 8" over what the tide charts called for at High tide, not bad at all. I had a lot higher water from TS Debbie. Thank goodness the storm went by quick and stayed off shore from us. I sure feel for all the folks up in Mississippi and Louisiana.

I know the heat has been brutal lately, LOL hard to get anything done outside, we should be getting some relief soon.(I Hope) I was soaking wet from sweat just from checking the oil in my mower & getting it ready to mow gr*** the other day..LOL..

Glad the Bike wasn't too bad, are you doing the work yourself ? That will sure save you some cash.

Looks nice out this AM, think I'll go for a boat ride for a while. Looks to be a whole lot of people on the water this weekend,(labor day) all the local motels look full with lots of boats tied up at their docks, think I'll wait to do some fishing tonight after everyone gets off the water. Nice moon so I shouldn't have any trouble seeing where I'm going. I love snook fishing at night!

Take Care

Murph