2000 hpxt refurb

SaltySouth

There was a base for the bilge pump in the center hatch sitting on top of the tunnel. If that had been the functioning bilge pump the skiff would be half filled with water before it turned on. The functioning pump was in the starboard rigging hatch.The only way to get any water on the port side of the tunnel to the bilge pump is to "walk" it around.

Something that was a constant annoyance to me was water getting between the transom and some kind of flotation material in the bilge. It was like a false wall with a round hole through it. I supposed the thinking  was any water back there would splash through the hole into the bilge. Never happened. Always full of water. Often thought about cutting that stuff out of the way so any water would be taken care of by the bilge. You will get water in the bilge for numerous reasons.

Good luck with your project. Great little skiff. If you get the opportunity hand a 70 2 stroke on that baby. Picture of my skiff headed to Georgia :-(

IMG_0172.PNG

Thanks for the wisdom Donh!  I will definitely be moving the bilge pump from the top of the tunnel to the rigging compartment.  Maybe I can rig it so there is a small pump to bring g the water from the port side of the tunnel to the starboard side, then the bilge can pump it right out.  

Thanks again to all those with all this good info.  Keep it coming!

pics soon 

On 9/20/2017 at 2:07 PM, Donh said:

There was a base for the bilge pump in the center hatch sitting on top of the tunnel. If that had been the functioning bilge pump the skiff would be half filled with water before it turned on. The functioning pump was in the starboard rigging hatch.The only way to get any water on the port side of the tunnel to the bilge pump is to "walk" it around.

Something that was a constant annoyance to me was water getting between the transom and some kind of flotation material in the bilge. It was like a false wall with a round hole through it. I supposed the thinking  was any water back there would splash through the hole into the bilge. Never happened. Always full of water. Often thought about cutting that stuff out of the way so any water would be taken care of by the bilge. You will get water in the bilge for numerous reasons.

Good luck with your project. Great little skiff. If you get the opportunity hand a 70 2 stroke on that baby. Picture of my skiff headed to Georgia :-(

IMG_0172.PNG

Great times in DA-"T" Capt Don.....man, we put some of DA Feesh in dat skinny mini :)

dc

• 2 weeks later...

Archived