99 Redfisher 19

Hunter44

I just purchased a Terrova 80 and am trying to decide where to put the batteries. The storage compartment between the anchor locker and the livewell would be ideal,but it is "v" shaped and I would have to place wood or something else to create a flat surface.  Anyone have any suggestions? I would like to run the wires in a way that it is not difficult to unhook as I would like to store the TM in my home. Thanks for the help. 

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a 99 19 red, I have mine in the center consol under the front seat. I bought a set of 20 or 25' 4 gauge jumper cables and cut the ends off and ran them through. If you open the hatch that you're thinking of putting them in, on the shelf at the back of the hatch, there should be an access panel. Take the panel off and look into it on the starboard side, down and aft, you should see two holes that should have pvc pipe in them, go for the large one towards the center of the boat, that one runs back towards the consol. I borrowed a 36" long bore scope from a friend to find it. Used a fish tape in the pipe, and fashioned a hook out of a metal coat hanger to grab the fish tape and pull it up through the hole under the consol. Pulled jet line through it, taped my cables to the jet line, pulled them from the front to the back, done.

20170129_191940.jpg

• 7 months later...

I have a 20ft LT Hewes with 2 batteries under the seat in front of the console.  Works great.  I would suggest you use 24 group if you are going to use that space.  It is very tight for 27 group size.  I don't need that much trolling motor run time when I go out so the smaller size works for me. I recharge with on board charger after each outing.

Archived