cup/rod holder added 2200 TRS

HoneyB

After fishing my Pathfinder a few times it became very clear I needed a rod holder in the forward area. I looked around quite a bit. I wanted a rod holder but did not want to be walking on them while fishing on the deck. I considered putting them as far forward as possible on the lower deck but this would have placed them into the storage boxes no matter where i placed them. I decided the area just in front of the side hatches was the only place not to have them intrude into the lower boxes. After deciding on the location i decided to go with a cup holder/ rod holder. There was not a lot of room but it would be just enough. one note of caution. i found out the pads are not identical in size. the port side was were i done all the measurements. I mounted it first. when I moved to the starboard side i found it was not as wide and did not live as much reveal around the cup holder. It fits but it is closer to the edge than i wish it were.  I removed the speakers installed by the previous owner to gain access. I will admit that using the flush mount I did not get a nut on the back stud but two nuts and a bit of 4200 should hold them fine. I am not looking to fish a line from this location only a place to hold the rod while i grab bait or a tasty beverage.

IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0956.JPG

I have already bought the zero degree Mate Series rod/cup holders to install them in the same place on my 2200V.  I had previously put cup holders in those spots, so I think that I will have some "engineering" to fit the rod/cup holders because the cup holders required a larger hole than the Mate Series.   I thought you had a 2200.  I didn't realize you had a 2400 TRS.  Good job!

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, Miss Jazzy said:

Did you look at the dementions for the oval ones? They may fit. they are a little smaller.

I printed out the oval template and its close, but just might fit.

Ganna order 1 from amazon to get an eye on it and go from there.

• 3 weeks later...

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:06 PM, HoneyB said:

I did not use backing plates. I did not see the need. My holders are mainly for setting down a rod, and a drink i suppose. 

Thanks. Just ganna drill them right into the fiberglass with a little 5200 to help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Bringing this back up as I plan to install the Mate Series in that space just aft of the rod lockers on my 22TE, like Phinz13 did above.

Question is... does that area drain through the existing drains in the rod lockers, and thus no drain hose is necessary on the cup holders?

Archived