Ideas,how to rebuild a 71 bonefisher

Hightailin18

I just bought a 1971 bonefisher in ok condition, however it needs work and I would like to remove all the wood . I'm not sure how to go about this project and could use all the help I can get . I have some knowledge in fiberglass work , but have no idea how to remove and replace them . I've always loved Hewes boats and am so excited to finally own one !!! Thank you for any and all help . 

• 3 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:04 PM, Hightailin18 said:

I just bought a 1971 bonefisher in ok condition, however it needs work and I would like to remove all the wood . I'm not sure how to go about this project and could use all the help I can get . I have some knowledge in fiberglass work , but have no idea how to remove and replace them . I've always loved Hewes boats and am so excited to finally own one !!! Thank you for any and all help . 

cut ! you're going to need a diamond blade on an angle grinder.

transom - "tap test" use a small ball peen hammer,tap on the transom.when you tap the transom,you should hear a sharp distinct tone,if you hear a dull thud,that means delamination.any problems,mean replacement/recore

deck: walking on it,any portions feel "soft" ?  any soft areas,that means a deck replacement.cutting the deck around the perimeter,for removal.you're able to check condition of the stringers...

composites are the way to go,however composites require a specific technique to hold fasteners - be aware of that !

Archived