ma 17

cdmoore91

On 4/28/2017 at 7:05 AM, Wanaflatsfish said:

depending on the load - I'd say you are an inch or off- I'd say 12" is probably right...the deep V tends to result in a bit more draft.

dc

I usually fish by myself and since I've moved to the panhandle, try to keep the fuel below half for weight. Learning the tides up here, I've had to push this beast a ways when I get caught in the back and never got my calves wet.

That is a beautiful boat.  4 stroke power, 115 will push it along nicely.  Yes you can pole it if that's what you do 20% of your time or less.  If poling more than that (true poling, not shallow water cheating with a TM), you may want to look at a different option.  The MA is your ideal general flats fishing boat - eats chop like nothing else out there, dry smooth ride, incredible amount of space.  It will get you from one flat to another across some nasty water without rattling your innards.  The question is simply what your fishing destination looks like.  If it's less than a foot of water . . . . not the right hull.  If you are floating in 18" where you are fishing, you have the best boat for the money.   

Most 17' MAs I've seen are ranging from 12-18K (sales price, not asking).   That one is on the newer end with "young" power, don't know the condition.  I would think 15K would be in the right zip code assuming it is super clean and reasonably well equipped, but would need a lot more info to give you a more accurate price.

On 5/3/2017 at 3:19 PM, whichwaysup said:

That is a beautiful boat.  4 stroke power, 115 will push it along nicely.  Yes you can pole it if that's what you do 20% of your time or less.  If poling more than that (true poling, not shallow water cheating with a TM), you may want to look at a different option.  The MA is your ideal general flats fishing boat - eats chop like nothing else out there, dry smooth ride, incredible amount of space.  It will get you from one flat to another across some nasty water without rattling your innards.  The question is simply what your fishing destination looks like.  If it's less than a foot of water . . . . not the right hull.  If you are floating in 18" where you are fishing, you have the best boat for the money.   

Most 17' MAs I've seen are ranging from 12-18K (sales price, not asking).   That one is on the newer end with "young" power, don't know the condition.  I would think 15K would be in the right zip code assuming it is super clean and reasonably well equipped, but would need a lot more info to give you a more accurate price.

So far, based upon Whichway's description, I'd mirror his characterization of the MA17.

I've owned a RF18 2003, Pathfinder 22 (original)n 2005, a 1998 Pathfinder 17T, and now a 1995  MA17 with a 115 Two Stroke.

I got a great deal - only paid $11.5K and the boat had a carb job, but required about another $1500 to get it water ready....

The skiff now has twin power poles, a Ulterra 80V, my 741Xs Garmin.....

This will be my last skiff....and I can tell you, for how I fish, this is the best boat I've had so far...No regrets.

dc

23 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

No desire....for what I paid...I can't ever replace the condition and the skiff.....

$11.5K for a 1995 garage kept...with trailer, with new 115 two stroke..need I say more :)

agree,   and our skiffs much better than Ranger, JMO

On May 8, 2017 at 0:00 PM, whichwaysup said:

CDmoore - what's the latest on this?   C'mon, man, we're dying to hear the news that you're in the fam! :)

haven't gone and looked at it yet. still trying to decide. still seems  a bit high for the year

Archived