Tampa area get together

hurricane

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20170520_131847_1495411800744.thumb.jpg.c5a3b53d90f3ab9906b7c4fcf13f771e.jpgYa it was a great time. Super awesome bunch of guys, lots of kids, and wives. It was great to meet all of you, had some outstanding fishing and boat conversions. Great to hear lots of guys are getting out fishing, with all the fishing talk we should be posting more reports for our area. There was even talk of a Maverick Forum wives club, not sure we need all that drama, lol! Although that might get us more time to fish. Lets do it again in the fall, maybe sometime in November. 

20170520_152113_1495411801136.jpg

The ride home.

20170520_131814_1495411764220.jpg

20170520_131811_1495411764057.jpg

20170520_131802_1495411763625.jpg

I'd be in for a scallop trip. During the week is preferred otherwise I could do sundays (I'm off Wednesday and Sunday but could switch the weekday around). We go several times each year. 

A friend and I had been talking about him bringing his pathfinder fusion next time we go up as well.

Not sure if we will do opening weekend or not. I usually wait to hear a couple reports.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went out of crystal river sunday with 2 boats. Had to move around a lot and finally got into some better numbers in deeper water. Limited by 12 or so but definitely not as thick as past years it seemed (or at least we didn't locate them in super thick numbers). Last year we limited in about 30 minutes (10 gallons).

Boat traffic was definitely more than last year. Had a great time and will probably be going next week as well

On 7/7/2017 at 5:23 PM, linesider 159 said:

We are going again out of crystal river next Friday in my boat. My buddy may be joining us in his 21 fusion again as well. If you see us say hey.

Let me know how you do! We are going out on the 21st out of Crystal River.. Getting a little worried hearing about people not finding them..lol

6 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

Didn't go! We are rescheduling to next Sunday. 

I'll send you a coordinate of where we did better the other week. It will give you a starting point but it still wasn't incredible.

Do you go outta the Plantation if so, is it a long run out the river? Is there a lot of idle time, is it marked well?

From plantation you are looking at a decent ride. the river is marked with typical channel markers, the flats, obviously, are not. if you run the channel markers out then head south to the boats you will be in plenty of water. if you choose to cut across the flats, just be careful. lots of oyster bars in the bay (they run north to south so that's better than east to west).

I live here and we have gone several times this year. much harder this year than in years prior. we never go to limit (cleaning them ***, we just go back when we want more) but could have each time, it just would have taken a lot longer

Archived