Cajun Thunders... and TANGLES!

nicecast

Ditto on that.  But your statement "fishing them between braid and floro" may be the problem.  You don't want to tie braid directly to the cork or you will experience a nightmare of tangles at the cork itself - or is that what you mean?   If so, you need to start tying 12-18" or so of floro between the braid and the cork.  That will eliminate a lot of aggravation.

I use them and other popp'n corks...it's for me very simple.

1.) Between the flour and the top of the popp'n cork, I use 50 lb test Flouro, about 4-6 inches....this stiffness allows you to cast without the braid wrapping around the tip of the cork when landing.

2.) I also use 30-40 lbs flouro as leader...I find the flouro is a bitter stiffer and helps when casting and landing.

dc

Aha! I have been tying braid directly to the top of the Thunder. And, that is usually where my tangles are! Will try the short length of heavier mono up top,

Will also try the Bomber - I think I have one or two in the cabinet.

Thanks, everyone!

I prefer Legend popping corks........always a problem with the wire and the line with the all corks with the wire....too much can happen with all that mess....imo....10 lb braided power pro.....30 lb flouro...Legend popping corks very easy to cast up under the mangroves.  The wire is always getting tangled up in the mangroves and is a pain in the you know what.  Not to mention....everyone hates losing gear...but you can't go and retrieve your gear until after you are finished fishing for fear of spooking the fish.  Sometimes it is too shallow for you to even get up to the trees to get your gear back.  I prefer the Legend " heavy hitter ".  Very easy to control when casting with one hand on the spool to better control distance.  http://www.legendpoppingcorks.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html  They are made in the USA and made from a very durable plastic.  I have been using them for years.....jmo...   NO AFFILIATION

4 hours ago, conocean said:

Those Cajuns seem to tangle every 8-10 casts no matter how careful we cast so my son and I switched to the cupped Bomber. They're virtually tangle free and we've had good results catching fish with them our last 2 trips.

Yep, those are good as well.....I like the ones with the "titanium" wire...the last longer than the straight stainless.

c

2 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

I took the info from this thread and used it yesterday in 15 knot winds. The admiral love her Cajun Thunder and fishes it a lot. Only 1 wind knot, big change. Added 6-8 inch of 25# floro to the top and a #7 split shot right above the hook.

Big difference, Thanks all.

Great to hear....I stole this from a fishing show years ago.

dc

Archived